Ravenna - Does Royal Caribbean offer shuttles to Bologna and Venice airports on disembarkation day?

Sailing on Explorer next year but want to book flights now.  

Bologna airport is so much closer to Ravenna but I know Ravenna is billed as their "Venice Port" so I wasn't sure if they would only offer shuttles to Marco Polo airport?

There are flights out of Bologna that I'm interest in and it's only an hour drive away but would love to book something through RCCL because we've had great experience doing that in the past at other ports.

RCI transfer to/from Ravenna port from Venice City Center (People mover at  Isola Nova del Tronchetto) at $58pp

RCI transfer to/from Marco Polo is $45pp. 

No shuttle to Bologna airport offered. 

Edited by little britain

We are on Explorer next year as well and flying to Venice for a couple of days.

We have booked a hotel near the train station in Venice and we may be mad 😀 but everything I have read seems to indicate that the train is very straight forward from Venice to Ravenna with just one change.I may live to regret it but I prefer the idea of the train as opposed to be being sat on a coach transfer for 3hrs.

The station in Ravenna is quite close to the historic area ad the mosaics so we will travel early and stay the night and I understand that the RCCL shuttle to the port leaves from the station on the morning of the cruise.

All looks good on paper of course but that's our plan.

Edited by Tin can

46 minutes ago, Tin can said:

We are on Explorer next year as well and flying to Venice for a couple of days.

We have booked a hotel near the train station in Venice and we may be mad 😀 but everything I have read seems to indicate that the train is very straight forward from Venice to Ravenna with just one change.I may live to regret it but I prefer the idea of the train as opposed to be being sat on a coach transfer for 3hrs.

The station in Ravenna is quite close to the historic area ad the mosaics so we will travel early and stay the night and I understand that the RCCL shuttle to the port leaves from the station on the morning of the cruise.

All looks good on paper of course but that's our plan.

We are also staying near station and plan to catch train down on the morning if the cruise. 

@CruiseMelissa  from my friend:

We have used Venice Quality Transfers (VQT) for a couple of trips now.  They are excellent and extremely helpful.  Run by Trisha (from Cornwall) and her friend Julie.  Trisha’s husband has a Venice water taxi.

We used VQT again because we were in Venice.  They sub-contract the work in Bologna – Ravenna; and check out very carefully who they sub-contract to and the car service there was first class.

If you’re not in Venice, VQT might simply refer you to their contacts in Ravenna or wherever.  Best ask Trisha.  A nice thing about having VQT in the loop is that, in case of any complications, Trisha is always at the end of the phone to speak to you in English and chase up anyone who needs chasing up in Italian!

https://www.vqtravels.com/who-we-are/

Trisha Perolari contact@vqtravels.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skippy said:

I’ve been to Ravenna. Really cool city to explore. Amazing mosaics. 

I have read that this is the case and that a tour of the mosaic sites is a must, we are really looking forward to visiting.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

We are also staying near station and plan to catch train down on the morning if the cruise. 

Hopefully it doesn't curse our trip 😀 but I am really looking forward to the train journey and seeing a bit of Italy out of the window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

@CruiseMelissa  from my friend:

We have used Venice Quality Transfers (VQT) for a couple of trips now.  They are excellent and extremely helpful.  Run by Trisha (from Cornwall) and her friend Julie.  Trisha’s husband has a Venice water taxi.

We used VQT again because we were in Venice.  They sub-contract the work in Bologna – Ravenna; and check out very carefully who they sub-contract to and the car service there was first class.

If you’re not in Venice, VQT might simply refer you to their contacts in Ravenna or wherever.  Best ask Trisha.  A nice thing about having VQT in the loop is that, in case of any complications, Trisha is always at the end of the phone to speak to you in English and chase up anyone who needs chasing up in Italian!

https://www.vqtravels.com/who-we-are/

Trisha Perolari contact@vqtravels.com

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

We were on Brilliance in sep 2022. There were transfers back to Venice and Bologne airports.

Thanks for that, we are going to stay in Bologna after our cruise and this would be great as I believe there is a shuttle into the city from the airport that only takes 10 mins.

We got off brilliance in September and used Royal carribean shuttle to bologna train station. They also did shuttles to bologna Airport, ravenna train station, Venice centre and Venice Airport. It was really well organised. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hayley35 said:

We got off brilliance in September and used Royal carribean shuttle to bologna train station. They also did shuttles to bologna Airport, ravenna train station, Venice centre and Venice Airport. It was really well organised. 

Thank you, this is really helpful information for our plans to get to Bologna after disembarking our cruise next year.

15 hours ago, Hayley35 said:

They must have introduced the transfers recently following guest feedback which is good to hear.

How much was the tx to Bologna airport pls?

I assume the tx to Ravenna is still complimentary?

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, little britain said:

They must have introduced the transfers recently following guest feedback which is good to hear.

How much was the tx to Bologna airport pls?

I assume the tx to Ravenna is still complimentary?

The Ravenna is not complimentary any more.  The first year it was because of the port change, but no longer.

3 hours ago, Hayley35 said:

Im not sure of the price to ravenna. We paid $30 each to bologna train station which I thought was pretty reasonable. So should imagine its a lot less than this. 

Great to hear they go to Bologna train station 🚉 now too.

Assume they pick up there on boarding day too? 

I think the Ravenna station 🚉 shuttle is $10pp

Edited by little britain