Mardi Gras Cruisers....What's Your Favorite Drinks Onboard?

pirate4me2

Hello CC family!

So, DH and I are making our great return to cruising next month, and we decided to check out the "big girl," aka Mardi Gras. Since it's been over 2.5 years since our last cruise, we decided to splurge and get the Cheers! package....we got a lot of cruise drinking to make up for, and with so many bars onboard MG we figured we could make it worth it! So to those of you that have cruised aboard Mardi Gras, what is your favorite drink onboard, and what bar did you get it from? I promise to include it, as well as a shoutout to you, in my review to follow! 🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

The Sazerac or the Vieux Carre in the Brass Magnolia. And Bar Della Rosa's Negroni.

The parched pig draft brews and the whiskey selection at Pig N Anchor.

I am sure DH will be trying the Parched Pig....he has become a fan of beer the past few years. I like my mixed drinks, so I will try the others! 

@pirate4me2 I was completely floored by the New Moon at the Fortune Teller. I honestly thought that bar was going to be a gimmick, but I was completely wrong. The bartenders are awesome craftsmen and women. You have to be a fan of Mezcal (smoky tequila) but if you are, this is an amazing drink. I'll also second @lazydayz on the Rudi's Sangria. That was lovely. I never found that Kentucky Mule at Bar Della Rosa, but next time for sure!  If you're a coffee fan, skip Java Blue and get all your coffee drinks at Bar Della Rosa. Shorter line and better coffee. Better yet, go to the Havana Bar and get some Cuban coffee. THAT is the best coffee I've had on any of the 8 cruise lines I've sailed so far, simply amazing.

If you're looking for more info on the ship, I do have a full 5 or 6 episode playlist on our YouTube channel including a Food Tour (where we eat almost everything), Cabin Tour (extended balcony cabin) and an overall Ship Review. CC doesn't allow me to post links to my own channel, but if you search Where's Walter Travel on YouTube, you'll find it. 🙂

I also have about 35 TikToks I posted while I was on the ship that you'll find @whereswaltertravel on that app. In fact I did a TikTok of the bartender making the New Moon, posted it immediately and the next day he told me the head of Carnival F&B complimented him on the video. That was pretty cool and I had a friend for the rest of the cruise. 🙂

Welcome back to cruising, you picked a fine ship for your return! Have an AMAZING cruise!!!! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lazydayz said:

sangria at Rudi’s Seagrill.  It is white, light and fruity.  Kentucky mule at Bar Della Rosa.  Your choice! 

Oh I love a good sangria, and we have reservations at Rudi's, so I will try it!!

4 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

@pirate4me2 I was completely floored by the New Moon at the Fortune Teller. I honestly thought that bar was going to be a gimmick, but I was completely wrong. The bartenders are awesome craftsmen and women. You have to be a fan of Mezcal (smoky tequila) but if you are, this is an amazing drink. I'll also second @lazydayz on the Rudi's Sangria. That was lovely. I never found that Kentucky Mule at Bar Della Rosa, but next time for sure!  If you're a coffee fan, skip Java Blue and get all your coffee drinks at Bar Della Rosa. Shorter line and better coffee. Better yet, go to the Havana Bar and get some Cuban coffee. THAT is the best coffee I've had on any of the 8 cruise lines I've sailed so far, simply amazing.

If you're looking for more info on the ship, I do have a full 5 or 6 episode playlist on our YouTube channel including a Food Tour (where we eat almost everything), Cabin Tour (extended balcony cabin) and an overall Ship Review. CC doesn't allow me to post links to my own channel, but if you search Where's Walter Travel on YouTube, you'll find it. 🙂

I also have about 35 TikToks I posted while I was on the ship that you'll find @whereswaltertravel on that app. In fact I did a TikTok of the bartender making the New Moon, posted it immediately and the next day he told me the head of Carnival F&B complimented him on the video. That was pretty cool and I had a friend for the rest of the cruise. 🙂

Welcome back to cruising, you picked a fine ship for your return! Have an AMAZING cruise!!!! 

I am ehhhhhh on tequilla....after one of my cruises to Mexico I just havent been able to drink it like I used too. I will try the coffee tips tho, DH and I are both coffee-holics! 

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Need to look for the New Moon at Fortune Tellers.  Love Mezcal over tequila. That smallish space for Fortune Tellers and the Alchemy were very crowded the last time we were on.  Agree that Bar Della Rosa has great coffee!!

We love good coffee, so I am making note to check out Bar Della Rosa! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh I love a good sangria, and we have reservations at Rudi's, so I will try it!!

I am ehhhhhh on tequilla....after one of my cruises to Mexico I just havent been able to drink it like I used too. I will try the coffee tips tho, DH and I are both coffee-holics! 

We love good coffee, so I am making note to check out Bar Della Rosa! 

Bar Della Rosa is good for coffee, but agree with Walter that the Havana Bar has the best coffee on the ship.  

14 minutes ago, kompera said:

For me, it's a tie between the Quick Fix at the Alchemy bar and the Bayou Lemonade at Brass Magnolia.

Oh I love Alchemy, and I like the Quick Fix....if I make it thru all the others that intrigue me, I will get one for sure! 

I'll give the Bayou Lemonade a try!

12 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Tried all the Fortune Teller drinks, except the one with charcoal in it. Great fun! 😊 

Charcoal in it? You didn't try it? Challenge accepted! 😜

26 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh I love Alchemy, and I like the Quick Fix....if I make it thru all the others that intrigue me, I will get one for sure! 

That's the New moon with the charcoal.

10 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

That's the New moon with the charcoal.

It's on the list!

I went ahead and Googled the menus for Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller.....ahhh I am in trouble, there are so many drinks I want to try! I have a feeling I may actually reach the 15 drink limit. 😲 Good thing I have no plans for Roatan day, I think I'm sending DH diving and I will do a little day drinking. 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

The Bayou Lemonade was very good.  I tried making it when I got home but could did not have the aged rum so had to make do with what I had on hand.  Still was good though.

16 minutes ago, iria64 said:

The Bayou Lemonade was very good.  I tried making it when I got home but could did not have the aged rum so had to make do with what I had on hand.  Still was good though.

alright, that is now 2 votes for it, so I shall give it a try!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 5:43 PM, Knights on the Beach said:

Abracadabra - Fortune Teller

French 75 - Brass Magnolia

French Kiss - Alchemy

Mojito, Pina Colada, Miami Vice, Twilight Zone - Red Frog Tiki

Champagne with Peach Schnapps - everywhere

I've got 3 of those down to try! Thanks for the suggestions! Can't wait to get onboard. :) 

• Like 1

I've mentioned this before in hopes that one day someone with some sway can work it out...

I wish there was a printed fleet-wide menu of mixed non-alcoholic beverages.

Everyone is different, so I can only explain MY feeling and that of some others I have talked to.

As a former professional drinker, retired, it is intimidating to walk up to a bar and not know what to ask for. Coke/pepsi is easy enough, but that gets boring.

Some will say "Just tell the bartender what you're looking for."

That's hard to do in busy, noisy, loud bars and clubs onboard. It holds things up for you and your drink.

Just a printed list of available non-alcoholic beverages and prices.