Check your AMEX offers!

munchkin1208

This figures, I literally just booked and had to pay in full yesterday. Looked before booking through my card offers and it wasn't there. Must have appeared at midnight today.

That could have been nice to apply to some upgrades. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

I have it too.  And a cruise scheduled for next week.  Guess I'll make it a point to buy those CruiseNext certs 🤣

Be aware that it doesn't look like it's available for onboard purchases. Only at ncl.com or by phone.

32 minutes ago, grobma said:

Be aware that it doesn't look like it's available for onboard purchases. Only at ncl.com or by phone.

I stand corrected.  Only for phone/ncl.com purchases.

So thinking about this hypothetically, if I were to buy 2 $500 gift certificates, it would qualify.  But are those "use or lose"?  Or would they carry forward to a future cruise?

I'm probably just going to book another cruise between now and December anyway, but just thinking it through.

Edited by phillygwm

7 minutes ago, destar said:

Just added the offer to my card. Now I feel like booking another cruise.

That's what I've resigned to do since I just booked yesterday and had to pay in full at booking.

I still have 3 CN credits to burn, so we're looking at booking maybe early 24 right now and putting down a large enough deposit to trigger the credit. 

Really wish this had posted yesterday lol Dropped almost 3k on a booking in about 60 days

34 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

So thinking about this hypothetically, if I were to buy 2 $500 gift certificates, it would qualify.  But are those "use or lose"?  Or would they carry forward to a future cruise?

Wondering the same, it says for purchase on NCL.com or by phone. 

11 minutes ago, peg013 said:

Both DH and I have the offer! I was planning to book 1 or 2 cruises once I buy my CN's on the Prima next week anyway. This makes it even sweeter!😍

Wonder if you both have separate cards/accounts, can you each pay 1k towards a cruse fare on ncl.com and each get the credit since you both spent 1k?

Edited by Juncti
typo

7 minutes ago, Juncti said:

Wonder if you both have separate cards/accounts, can you each pay 1k towards a cruse fare on ncl.com and each get the credit since you both spent 1k?

Yes you should both get the credit, assuming the offer is added to both cards.  We double dip all the time.  We have the same account (get one bill), but different card numbers and logins.  We both got the credits with the previous offer for a cruise that we're going on next week. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

So, to clarify.....I can put $1000 on the AMEX card and the balance on another card (that has insurance attached).  Correct?

Yes, all you have to put on the AMEX is $1000. Doesn't matter what you pay the rest of the balance with. Just make sure if you are depending on another card for your insurance that it doesn't require you use the that card for your entire trip in order to be insured. I know my SW card doesn't care but my AMEX does.

@Juncti as @jenf22answered as long as you both have the offer you can both use it.

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

So, to clarify.....I can put $1000 on the AMEX card and the balance on another card (that has insurance attached).  Correct?

Online or via phone reservation.

2 hours ago, jenf22 said:

Yes you should both get the credit, assuming the offer is added to both cards.  We double dip all the time.  We have the same account (get one bill), but different card numbers and logins.  We both got the credits with the previous offer for a cruise that we're going on next week. 

That's awesome. We each have separate NCL accounts and separate Amex's. Bummer we couldn't have done this yesterday when we booked but there were open Vibe slots available so we wanted to book and add Vibe. Plus there was no way to know this would happen today

45 minutes ago, destar said:

I wonder if I purchase $1000 worth of NCL cruise first certificate online, does that qualify?

The fine print on my offer says it doesn't count towards on board purchases, excursions, ect... Not sure if that would impact the certificate.

I mean we were considering the plus upgrade, and the internet package because work needs me to be available as the only IT person. Didn't know if there was a way to make it work with those purchases but it feels like if it's not paid towards a fare it won't count. 

7 hours ago, munchkin1208 said:

spend 1000$ on a reservation, get $350 back!

Thanks….just looked and I had the offer.  I owe them $1600 for a

cruise I’ve booked so gonna try to use on that

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Juncti said:

This figures, I literally just booked and had to pay in full yesterday. Looked before booking through my card offers and it wasn't there. Must have appeared at midnight today.

That could have been nice to apply to some upgrades. 

Me too!  I had offers for Celebrity and RCL a couple of months ago that I didn't need  and

I just booked and paid in full for NCL.  Just checked after seeing this post and there it is.  I will figure out how to use it for 23.