GTY cabin

My husband and  i usually pick the floor and balcony cabin we desire. We have booked Serenade of Seas November 12th sailing to the Western Caribbean. We chose to book a GTY balcony cabin this time. When I go to our booking it lists our floor, and muster station but still lists it as a GTY.  When should we expect to get a cabin assignment?

Thank you in advance,

John and Pam

13 minutes ago, nanatutu said:

When should we expect to get a cabin assignment?

Literally anytime between now and embarkation day.

You can use the barcode trick to find out early (usually). Either add your set sail pass in the app to your Apple wallet (if you use an iPhone) or scan the barcode. Numbers will appear below the barcode. The numbers to the right of the dash are your cabin.

Edited by OCSC Mike

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You can use the barcode trick to find out early (usually). Either add your set sail pass in the app to your Apple wallet (if you use an iPhone) or scan the barcode. Numbers will appear below the barcode. The numbers to the right of the dash are your cabin. If you see "GTY" then you don't have an assignment yet and just keep checking.

As John and Pam already see a muster station and floor, odds are extremely high the bar code trick will work now if they try it.

Edited by Starry Eyes

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You can use the barcode trick to find out early (usually). Either add your set sail pass in the app to your Apple wallet (if you use an iPhone) or scan the barcode. Numbers will appear below the barcode. The numbers to the right of the dash are your cabin.

Thank you very much. I scaned the bar code so we shall see if that is actually going to be our cabin. 

Looking forward to the cruise!

8 minutes ago, nanatutu said:

Thank you very much. I scaned the bar code so we shall see if that is actually going to be our cabin. 

Looking forward to the cruise!

99% of the time, it will be. Happy to help.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

As John and Pam already see a muster station and floor, odds are extremely high the bar code trick will work now if they try it.

I noticed that and edited my post but you were too quick, lol.

On 10/7/2022 at 3:44 PM, OCSC Mike said:

I noticed that and edited my post but you were too quick, lol.

Again, thank you for the trick. If that will truly be our cabin I am very happy. It is probably a cabin I would choose. It is midship, high enough deck, and unobstructed!

Happy Sailing,

John and Pam

31 minutes ago, nanatutu said:

Again, thank you for the trick. If that will truly be our cabin I am very happy. It is probably a cabin I would choose. It is midship, high enough deck, and unobstructed!

Happy Sailing,

John and Pam

Happy to help and glad you're pleased with your location!

We're not too picky and usually book interior GTY's to be frugal. We're one of those "the cabin is just for sleeping, showering, and changing" types. Everyone has their preferences of course. As long as I don't get stuck on deck 2 or 3, it's fine.

We got deck 7 forward for our upcoming Indy cruise in 2 weeks. Would have preferred aft and a bit higher if I was choosing but no big deal. Maybe we'll win the small RoyalUp we have pending. If not, the extra steps crossing to the back of the ship to get to the DL for my morning coffee and WJ for meals won't kill me. 😁

20 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Happy to help and glad you're pleased with your location!

We're not too picky and usually book interior GTY's to be frugal. We're one of those "the cabin is just for sleeping, showering, and changing" types. Everyone has their preferences of course. As long as I don't get stuck on deck 2 or 3, it's fine.

We got deck 7 forward for our upcoming Indy cruise in 2 weeks. Would have preferred aft and a bit higher if I was choosing but no big deal. Maybe we'll win the small RoyalUp we have pending. If not, the extra steps crossing to the back of the ship to get to the DL for my morning coffee and WJ for meals won't kill me. 😁

We are kind of the opposite. John and I enjoy sitting on the balcony in our robes, having our coffee and continental breakfast, and viewing the early morning scenery.

BTW, congratulations on your milestones this year…20th anniversary, 1st suite, and 1st crystal block. 

Enjoy your upcoming Independence cruise!

John and Pam

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 4:06 PM, nanatutu said:

My husband and  i usually pick the floor and balcony cabin we desire. We have booked Serenade of Seas November 12th sailing to the Western Caribbean. We chose to book a GTY balcony cabin this time. When I go to our booking it lists our floor, and muster station but still lists it as a GTY.  When should we expect to get a cabin assignment?

Thank you in advance,

John and Pam

We booked a GTY for our upcoming sailing on Voyager. It showed the deck and muster station for about three weeks. Then finally showed the cabin number. We booked in mid August and sail next Sunday 10/16. So it could be anytime between now and embarkation day. 

On 10/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, OCSC Mike said:

How accurate in identifying the cabin number is the bar code trick?

5 hours ago, 1bravesfan said:

How accurate in identifying the cabin number is the bar code trick?

On 10/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Today we received our cabin number. You were right!!! The last 4 numbers after the dash is our cabin number. Yea us! Very pleased

Again, thank you!

On 10/10/2022 at 10:11 AM, nanatutu said:

We are kind of the opposite. John and I enjoy sitting on the balcony in our robes, having our coffee and continental breakfast, and viewing the early morning scenery.

BTW, congratulations on your milestones this year…20th anniversary, 1st suite, and 1st crystal block. 

Enjoy your upcoming Independence cruise!

John and Pam

On our first cruise we booked an oveanview cabin.  It worked out OK for us, but on our next cruise the cost of a balcony was not much more, so we went with a balcony.  Now, my wife won't go back to an ocean view.

One thing, we used to pick our balcony room and pay a little extra for location, but now we are good with whatever balcony we come up with.  We did a suite once, paid a bit for the upgrade just before the cruise, but we found that paying full price for a suite just was a waste.