Fully vaccinated?

maggieq

I’ve gone onto both celebrity and royal sites and am confused at what they are using as a “fully vaccinated” guideline.  I see the language about “no less than 14 days” for last shot.  I don’t see where they are stating a number of days/date that your last shot could be from to be “compliant”?  

any guidance is appreciated.  

thanks!

3 minutes ago, maggieq said:

I’ve gone onto both celebrity and royal sites and am confused at what they are using as a “fully vaccinated” guideline.  I see the language about “no less than 14 days” for last shot.  I don’t see where they are stating a number of days/date that your last shot could be from to be “compliant”?  

thanks!

You only have to have had the initial vaccine (1 J&J or 2 of others).  No number of days since or boosters required.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maggieq said:

I don’t see where they are stating a number of days/date that your last shot could be from to be “compliant”?  

I think some of the recent confusion is due to the difference between the US and the EU definitions of "fully vaccinated". It's my understanding that in the US there's currently no expiration date for the vaccine if you've had a full primary series (usually two shots, one for J & J). However, in Europe, you are not considered "up to date" if more than 270 days have passed since you had your second shot of the primary series. In the instructions it usually says that you are "fully vaccinated" but not "up to date" if you fall under the 270-day rule and have not had at least one booster. This booster however does not expire acc. to the EU-rules.

Here's a direct quote from Celebrity's Europe-instructions (for Barcelona), and pls note that this is EU-specific does not apply to US-cruises:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/barcelona-spain-travel-requirements

*European definition of Up to Date:  vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR at least 1 booster shot. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

**Definition of Fully Vaccinated: vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine more than 9 months (270 days) prior to sailing, and NOT boosted

• Like 2

not sure where your cruising...but if your cruise is under 9 days in carribean...its irrelevant. They will not check. All you have to do is conplete the health and safety questionnaire and they take your word for it

2 hours ago, maggieq said:

thanks!

Just sailed on the Harmony. Never even asked to see the vaccination card. Only filled out the form on the web site.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maggieq said:

thanks!

Just your initial round of jabs. There are a few ports that still require you to be boosted if your vaccination was a long time ago.