Shorex and OBC

loriva

DH and I will be taking our first voyage with Viking Ocean on a "Viking Homelands" itinerary in May 2023.  Viking, of course, modified the itinerary after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  It provided an OBC in compensation for the changes.  The OBC shows on the invoice sent by our TA but not on MVJ.  We'd like to use the OBC potentially to book optional excursions when booking opens in 2023.

Has anyone had experience with this?  Should the OBC show on our MVJ?  I thought they would show up when we made final payment in July, but no change.  Do I need to call Viking (or have my TA do it)?

Many thanks,

17 minutes ago, loriva said:

DH and I will be taking our first voyage with Viking Ocean on a "Viking Homelands" itinerary in May 2023.  Viking, of course, modified the itinerary after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  It provided an OBC in compensation for the changes.  The OBC shows on the invoice sent by our TA but not on MVJ.  We'd like to use the OBC potentially to book optional excursions when booking opens in 2023.

Has anyone had experience with this?  Should the OBC show on our MVJ?  I thought they would show up when we made final payment in July, but no change.  Do I need to call Viking (or have my TA do it)?

Many thanks,

They did move it in my viking journey since the last time we cruised.  When you log in you need to go to payments and cart and then click payment method at the top.  That is where ours is viewable.

Hope that helps

We completed Homelands in August, and our OBC didn’t show up until we were “onboard.” It never appeared on MVJ. We did not pay gratuities in advance so used the OBC for that while on the ship, as well as used some for an excursion booked onboard. 

Edited by CDR2001
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, shadowlover said:

They did move it in my viking journey since the last time we cruised.  When you log in you need to go to payments and cart and then click payment method at the top.  That is where ours is viewable.

Hope that helps

Yes, that's where I looked and saw nothing, sparking my question.

8 hours ago, duquephart said:

Where the Gulf of Finland ports included when you first booked? We got both OBC (only once aboard) and FCC (following completion of cruise) on ours.

Yes, we had St. Petersburg, Helsinki, and Tallinn in the original itinerary we booked.