Latitude reward question

SubSmithy

I'm trying to figure out what extra dining I need to purchase.

S/O and I are cruising on the Encore in January.  We are both platinum. From what I have read here,  we find the Latitudes desk to get our rewards vouchers for 2 dinners for 2. I have also read that these vouchers are per cabin. My sister will be joining us in the cabin and she has no latitude points and no specialty dining package. So can I use a voucher for 2 along with the specialty dining package from one of us to pay for the three of us to have dinner?

You don't need to go to the Latitudes desk to get your vouchers. They will be in your room.

You should be able to use your latitudes vouchers for one of you and your sister. We have used ours for one of us and our son in the past, whilst the other used their dining package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SubSmithy said:

S/O and I are cruising on the Encore in January.  We are both platinum. From what I have read here,  we find the Latitudes desk to get our rewards vouchers for 2 dinners for 2. I have also read that these vouchers are per cabin. My sister will be joining us in the cabin and she has no latitude points and no specialty dining package. So can I use a voucher for 2 along with the specialty dining package from one of us to pay for the three of us to have dinner?

Platinum vouchers will be in your stateroom. Based on your description, I assume that you did not get the Free at Sea dining package. 

You buy a 2-dinner package for sister

Dinner 1: You and S/O use Platinum Voucher. Sister uses purchased dining package. 

Dinner 2: You and S/O use Platinum Voucher. Sister uses purchased dining package. 

Note: The person on the dining package will be able to order more food than those on the Platinum vouchers. There are different options if Sister is a light eater and you or your S/O are more hearty eaters. 

By the way, the vouchers are contained in a small, folded cardboard "Latitudes Welcome" letter to you.  It will usually be on the desk when you first get to the room.  You unfold the letter and there are 3 detachable "coupons". One for each of your 2 Platinum meals and one for your free bag of laundry.   Tear them off and use them when desired.  For the dinners, take the coupon with you to the restaurant and give it to them when you check in at the front desk.  

For the free laundry, I put the coupon in the paper bag with the dirty clothes.  I also still filled out the laundry receipt with the counts for each type of clothing.  I put that in the bag too.  The bags and count receipt can be found hanging in your closet.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Platinum vouchers will be in your stateroom. Based on your description, I assume that you did not get the Free at Sea dining package. 

You buy a 2-dinner package for sister

Dinner 1: You and S/O use Platinum Voucher. Sister uses purchased dining package. 

Dinner 2: You and S/O use Platinum Voucher. Sister uses purchased dining package. 

Note: The person on the dining package will be able to order more food than those on the Platinum vouchers. There are different options if Sister is a light eater and you or your S/O are more hearty eaters. 

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

I think they do have the dining package as well:

"So can I use a voucher for 2 along with the specialty dining package from one of us to pay for the three of us to have dinner?"

Sorry, missed that

Option 1 (minimize cost)

Dinner 1: You and Sister use Platinum Voucher. S/O uses Free at Sea dining package.

Dinner 2: S/O and Sister use Platinum Voucher. You use Free at Sea dining package. 

If you have two Free at Sea Specialty Dinners

Dinner 3: You and S/O use the dining package. Sister does a room charge for her meal. 

Option 2 (maximize dinners)

You buy a 3-dinner or 4-dinner package for sister (depending on how may Free at Sea dinners you got)

Dinner 3: You and S/O use your Free at Sea dining package. Sister uses purchased dining package.

If you have two Free at Sea Specialty Dinners

Dinner 4: You and S/O use your Free at Sea dining package. Sister uses purchased dining package.

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

For the free laundry, I put the coupon in the paper bag with the dirty clothes.  I also still filled out the laundry receipt with the counts for each type of clothing.  I put that in the bag too.  The bags and count receipt can be found hanging in your closet.

Do you need to put the coupon in the bag?  Our steward left us an additional bag and laundry request stamped "platinum" and I've since learned that with two of us in the room, we can write "platinum" on the one in the closet and each get a free bag of laundry.  Is this how others are doing it?  

5 minutes ago, CptAleSpill said:

Do you need to put the coupon in the bag?  Our steward left us an additional bag and laundry request stamped "platinum" and I've since learned that with two of us in the room, we can write "platinum" on the one in the closet and each get a free bag of laundry.  Is this how others are doing it?  

Yes, I've never put the coupon with the laundry. Just wrote platinum (sapphire now) on the bag and slip.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the answers.  I kind of thought and was hoping that was the way it would work.  We do have the free at sea meals.  I was just trying to figure out how many extra meals I would have to buy so we are all eating together.

Thanks again

Todd

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

By the way, the vouchers are contained in a small, folded cardboard "Latitudes Welcome" letter to you.  It will usually be on the desk when you first get to the room.  You unfold the letter and there are 3 detachable "coupons". One for each of your 2 Platinum meals and one for your free bag of laundry.   Tear them off and use them when desired.  For the dinners, take the coupon with you to the restaurant and give it to them when you check in at the front desk.  

Interesting.  When I cruised in December, the meal coupons were on a card wrapped around my complimentary sparkling wine.  Therefore, I didn't see them (because I'm not drinking that!) 🙂  The way you described makes more sense.

2 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

For the dinners, take the coupon with you to the restaurant and give it to them when you check in at the front desk.

Is this actually required?  I have done this myself, but I thought that it was all just in their computer (i.e. they take my keycard, input the "platinum" free dinner claim and it's deducted from my balance of free platinum or above meals.)

18 minutes ago, CptAleSpill said:

Is this actually required?  I have done this myself, but I thought that it was all just in their computer (i.e. they take my keycard, input the "platinum" free dinner claim and it's deducted from my balance of free platinum or above meals.)

Yes. You need to present the vouchers at dinner. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Yes, I've never put the coupon with the laundry. Just wrote platinum (sapphire now) on the bag and slip.

I have no idea if it’s required.  I just do it that way.   Based on other responses, it apparently is not.  I did forget to add to my post above that I also write “Platinum” on the bag and the slip.  Just to cover all the bases. 

• Like 1