Best Things to Do in Ketchikan: Take a Fun and Easy Walking Tour

Eight_Paws

Hello friends -- 

I enjoyed one of the last Alaskan cruises of the season, and had a great time exploring Ketchikan on my own.

All of the main attractions of the town were an easy walk right from the cruise dock -- see historic Creek Street, the Salmon Ladder Vista, and totem poles aplenty.

Read about all the great things to do in Ketchikan!

Best Things to Do in Ketchikan: Fun and Easy Walking Tour

Enjoy!

Lisa

Best Things to Do in Ketchikan: Fun and Easy Walking Tour

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this. This is one port we aren't going to do a big excursion. We just want to explore on our own but wanted to see the lumberjack show. Only one available through Princess was 6:30 am so I just went to their website and bought tickets myself for show a little later in the morning, then we will just walk around on our own. It looks like such an interesting little town to explore

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 7:15 PM, pbinn said:

Thank you for this. This is one port we aren't going to do a big excursion. We just want to explore on our own but wanted to see the lumberjack show. Only one available through Princess was 6:30 am so I just went to their website and bought tickets myself for show a little later in the morning, then we will just walk around on our own. It looks like such an interesting little town to explore

Super!  I'm glad that I could be helpful.  Have a great time!

Lisa

• 4 months later...

Just a reminder note that if you are on a NCL ship you won't be docked in town but a few miles out of town at Ward's Cove so you would need to allow extra time to get into town. Believe NCL runs a shuttle into town but won't have that experience myself until later in May.

Dennis

I think I'm going to be a little early for the salmon on the ladder.  Bummer.  I've seen salmon ladders full of salmon on the Columbia River before.  It's a cool site.  I might wander by anyway, just in case.  I'm there early May.  I've got nothing else planned but walking around.