Proof of Vaccination?

edhopper

This is for American passengers on Cunard. The Cunard site says not to use the card given out when vaccinated, but this is the proof that Americans get. I suppose they are referring to a NHS thing.

What proof do Americans have to show on Cunard cruises. We are leaving in less than 2 weeks.

My card attached

Thank you.

COVID Card.jpg

There used to be also a couple of state health department 'apps' that provide proof of vaccination.

For example the New York 'Excelsior Pass' app was listed as acceptable.

I checked the October 6th version of 'Preparing to sail' page, and now it only mentions the CDC card as proof of vaccination.

I boarded in Brooklyn on Friday and didn’t need to provide any proof.  One of the medical screening questions was ‘are you vaccinated for covid?’ And the answer ‘yes’ was sufficient.

• Like 1

This note may not apply to the OP as the dates are blocked on the card, but I figured this additional reminder of what Cunard considers fully vaccinated couldn't hurt. As was mentioned above, they don't always actually ask to see proof, or ask about the dates of your vaccination, but you don't want to be caught out at boarding because you don't meet the date requirements:

"If more than 270 days (calculated from the last day of the cruise) have passed since the full completion of a vaccination course, a booster vaccine will also be needed and must be administered a minimum of seven days prior to travel.

"Guests who have had one booster vaccine, regardless of the date, are considered fully vaccinated. At this time, a second booster vaccination is not required, however, we strongly recommend all guests to have booster vaccinations at the earliest opportunity, should they be available to them, in order to comply with evolving vaccine policies from the countries we visit."