Coral World

nolegirl01

How do you get to Coral World from the cruise pier? Do I just go where all the taxis are and get a taxi there? Just wondering if there is something I should know since it's our first time in St. Thomas. How long of a drive is it? We are in port from 7am to 4pm... we want to to the Seatrek there and just explore the park and maybe go next door to the beach... hopefully we'll have time to do everything! Any tips and tricks are welcome 🙂

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Coral world offers private or public transportation on their website when you are booking tickets to the park... I was thinking about including a public round trip transportation to my park reservation. It's $44 for 2 people, is that a good price? has anyone bought the transportation along with their park tickets?

2 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Yes, that's about what you'll pay a group taxi from the dock if you go on your own. Using Coral World transportation makes it more convenient.

hmm now I wonder if it's their own transportation or just normal public transportation. They do have private transportation but it was really expensive but now I'm wondering what public transportation entails, if it's their transportation with a group or just regular city taxi.

I was wondering the same thing. I would suspect that they will tell everybody who selects the transportation option to meet at a designated spot and everybody with a receipt/voucher will be taken to Coral World. Advantage is the group will probably be taken straight to Coral World with no stops along the way.

35 minutes ago, Ms411 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I would suspect that they will tell everybody who selects the transportation option to meet at a designated spot and everybody with a receipt/voucher will be taken to Coral World. Advantage is the group will probably be taken straight to Coral World with no stops along the way.

I hope so! I ended up booking it so we'll see what happens 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2023 at 7:37 PM, hotlanta5 said:

Hi Nolegirl01! Did you end up doing this excursion? We would also like to do the SeaTrek and then head to Coki Beach. I wasn't sure about transportation. Thank you!!!

Hi

You wont have any trouble finding transport to Coral World or back to the ship. 

If you want to do the Sea Trek, I would suggest booking online prior to your trip. It is very popular and does sell out for some of the time slots that might be more convenient to your hours in port.

Coki beach is right next door, just a five minute walk. Just to warn you, while it is a great beach for snorkeling or scuba, it is a VERY popular beach, and so it is most often VERY crowded. 

have a great cruise

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

there are many taxis lined up at coral world/coki beach, so if you wanted to stay longer... you could catch one of those.  I have had zero problems catching a taxi and the same driver returns at my selected time to pick us up.  We have always paid after returned to the port.  We do this once a year if not more, have fun and let us know!

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2023 at 7:37 PM, hotlanta5 said:

Hi Nolegirl01! Did you end up doing this excursion? We would also like to do the SeaTrek and then head to Coki Beach. I wasn't sure about transportation. Thank you!!!

Yes we did the Dolphin SeaTrek excursion. While it was nice to see the dolphins, I think the normal SeaTrek would have been better. I think you see more. There was only 1 dolphin swimming around and while they were trying to get him close to us, he would do a swim by and then swim away. We only did one lap around the enclosure and that was it. I thought it was too fast and we barely saw anything. I think I saw the dolphin only once or twice in a swim by. I think the regular SeaTrek you get to see more fish, more corals and I think it's a little longer. But the staff was great! 

We booked the roundtrip transportation through the Coral World site and once you leave the ship, there was someone with a Coral World sign waiting for those who booked transportation. Once you get there, they have a list of people who booked the transportation and they will let you know what time your transportation will leave. 

As far as Coki Beach, once you get to Coral World, there is a little path that leads you to Coki Beach, so you can just walk over. It's literally next door so no taxi required.

Edited by nolegirl01
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 2:00 PM, nolegirl01 said:

Yes we did the Dolphin SeaTrek excursion. While it was nice to see the dolphins, I think the normal SeaTrek would have been better. I think you see more. There was only 1 dolphin swimming around and while they were trying to get him close to us, he would do a swim by and then swim away. We only did one lap around the enclosure and that was it. I thought it was too fast and we barely saw anything. I think I saw the dolphin only once or twice in a swim by. I think the regular SeaTrek you get to see more fish, more corals and I think it's a little longer. But the staff was great! 

We booked the roundtrip transportation through the Coral World site and once you leave the ship, there was someone with a Coral World sign waiting for those who booked transportation. Once you get there, they have a list of people who booked the transportation and they will let you know what time your transportation will leave. 

As far as Coki Beach, once you get to Coral World, there is a little path that leads you to Coki Beach, so you can just walk over. It's literally next door so no taxi required.

did you have to wait a certain time to return back to the port? We are sailing with NCL and they have an excursion which would be convenient but I have 2 toddlers, I’m not sure they can withstand 4-5 hrs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 12:53 PM, Koali said:

did you have to wait a certain time to return back to the port? We are sailing with NCL and they have an excursion which would be convenient but I have 2 toddlers, I’m not sure they can withstand 4-5 hrs. 

We did have a certain time to leave, but there were shuttles going back all the time so we asked then if we could go back a little earlier since we were finished with everything and she said it was fine. Just be sure to let them know so they can cross your name on the list so they aren't looking for you when the time comes (that's if you booked the transportation).

• 1 month later...

We did the Sea Trek at Coral World and had a good time. They also take pictures of you during the walk and let you hold multiple things. I do the Sea Trek any place in the Caribbean I can and each has been a different experience. (If you ever get a chance to do the one in Aruba, DO IT! It's the best one with interaction...you get to sit in a jeep and also at a table and chairs with bottles. Makes for great pictures and there's a bus down there too! It's located at DePalm Island). HERE's my review of our Sea Trek adventure at Coral World. 

• 5 months later...

Hi all, does anyone know how much a taxi from the cruise port to coral world (6 passengers). Need to know how much cash to bring. Thanks!