Lots of NCL BOGO Flight Questions

sjmbruce

DH and I are looking at a cruise deal that includes BOGO flights. I have always booked our flights, so I'm a little nervous.

1. We're in the US, the cruise is in Europe.  Will they fly us in the day before the cruise? Or will they cut it close on the same day? 

2. Can we request to fly in a day or two early and fly out a day or two after we disembark?

3. Will our seats be next to each other?

4. How reasonable are they regarding layovers?  A super long or incredibly short layover would not be fun. 

1.  You will most likely depart the US the day before your scheduled departure date. 
2.  Yes. 
3.  This is usually an airline issue. 
4.  As I understand their system, I don’t believe that it is humanly handled. I think a bot looks for flights and then books. If the connection meets the standards they go with it. I had a tight connection with another cruise company (61 minutes through Atlanta) I called to discuss this and was told that a standard international connection minimum through Atlanta was 60 minutes, they finally relented and booked me on a flight 2 hours earlier, which I didn’t mind. I recently found that NCL is unwilling to change anything until a flight is canceled.