Florence to Civitavecchia Private Transfer

Diane Rose

Having spent many times in Rome Pre Cruise, I decided to stay in Florence prior to our October 2023 TA.  I’m looking for recommendations for a reputable company to do a transfer for 4 adults, 6 large suitcases from Florence to Civitavecchia.   Can anyone help?  Thank you!

Diane

That's going to be expensive, I would get quotes from several companies to compare.  Here is one to start with:  Car Service with Private Driver in Italy by Deluxe Limo Italy

There are other services often mentioned on these boards but I don't know if they have services from Florence, certainly others will respond with more insight on them.

• Like 1

Thank you! I know the cost is much more than a train, but too many suitcases to travel that way.  A bit more reasonable as we can split between 2 couples.

I did search, but nothing came up.  I’ll check both companies out.  Still have a year to go.

Thank you!

Diane

13 minutes ago, Diane Rose said:

I’ve used Rome Cabs in the past.  They are phenomenal and the one quote that I have already received.  As it is pretty high, I did want others to compare.

Thank you,

Diane

Curious what you think it should cost, considering the vehicle will have to deadhead back.

You might also look into a luggage forwarding service.  You could pack something small to keep with you in Florence and send your big bags ahead to Civitavecchia.  That would make taking the train easy.

Or, if your flight arrives to Rome you could check your big bags at the airport, then go on to Florence without them, stopping to pick them up on the way back.  You might want to pay for a car service from the airport to the port in this scenario, but it will be a lot less expensive.

Another possibility to consider is to rent a mini van and drive yourself.  There are two or three rental agencies within steps of the port entrance where you get the free shuttle bus to your ship.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Curious what you think it should cost, considering the vehicle will have to deadhead back.

Cost of a taxi = 500km (that’s round trip) X .63/km = €315.  I thought €500 or less would be reasonable.  But I’m not an expert on this, for sure.  Willing to get the comparisons and make my choice.  Hence my asking for recommendations from those in the know.

Diane

2 minutes ago, Diane Rose said:

Cost of a taxi = 500km (that’s round trip) X .63/km = €315.  I thought €500 or less would be reasonable.  But I’m not an expert on this, for sure.  Willing to get the comparisons and make my choice.  Hence my asking for recommendations from those in the know.

Diane

That sounds very  reasonable. Is that Rome Cabs' quote? Consider that the trip just from the airport to central Rome is about €60.

I would book it to lock in that price.

26 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

Where are you getting the taxi rate estimate?  Taxi fares are doubled when traveling out of town, is that factored in?

I did get the estimate online.  If it has to double (which I didn’t know) than €630 would be the rate, very close to Romecabs.  If that’s what everyone comes in around I can choose.

Diane