Parking in Ft Laurderdale

CintiCruzer

I'm going back and forth about parking at the port or offsite. Our ship docks at Terminal 29, so even if we park at the port we still have to take a shuttle from the parking garage to the ship. Plus, our current plan is to drive from Sarasota the morning of the cruise (about 2.5 hours) so if for some reason we get there late I worry about being able to find parking at the port's garage. I don't care about cost, I'm just looking for the most convenient, worry- and hassle-free experience.

• Like 1

@SRQbeachgirlWhile we always park at the port, we've never departed from terminal 29.  You make a very cogent argument for parking off site (Park 'n Go is highly recommended on this board) since you need to take a shuttle wherever you park.  I don't ever remember reading a review of the port shuttle to/from the garage and terminal 29 so I would be nervous that while it might be fine leaving the garage since everyone doesn't arrive at the same time for check-in, it might be chaotic at disembarkation when everyone is leaving over a much shorter time period.  Maybe someone will chime in with their actual experience.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 8:45 PM, suzyed said:

Which I believe is $20-22/day in Miami and $15 at Fort Lauderdale.
We're paying about $9/day with one free night of parking in Ft. Lauderdale.
Your choice!  😃

Our total for 10 days is $109 all inclusive.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:04 AM, GiftOfTheSea said:

We’re planning on parking at the Port for our Holland America cruise in a few weeks. Our first out of Port Everglades. Our only concern is that we can’t reserve a space ahead of time. The day we leave, there are about six cruise ships in port, and we’re slightly concerned. Can we count on availability at the Port? Or should we have a backup plan?

What happens if you ship docks after your cruise at a different terminal than where you parked your car? Do you take a shuttle?

11 minutes ago, suzyed said:

What happens if you ship docks after your cruise at a different terminal than where you parked your car? Do you take a shuttle?

My experience on Princess is that they provide a shuttle.  It is not regularly scheduled and the process may differ between cruise lines.   I remember asking at the Guest Services desk and for a schedule and they just said it runs continuously (this was between Terminal 2 - the main Princess terminal - and terminal 21).  

I would ask your question on the appropriate cruise line forum to get current information.

On 11/26/2022 at 4:13 PM, suzyed said:

This just happened to me. Sky Princess departed out of Terminal 21 because Enchanted was docked at Terminal 2. We disembarked at Terminal 2. Disembarked and was directed to an area right outside to wait for USAA shuttles (I presume Princess provided these). Waited for about 8 minutes and several shuttles arrived. Very smooth and efficient. I wouldn't stress about this at all.