Alaska - Viking transfers to/from Vancouver to/from Seattle?

dcsam

Last time we went into Canada, we got off the bus; passports were checked, and then we re-boarded.  Coming back - we didn’t even get off the bus (they just checked passports).  Not sure how the luggage was handled.  We didn’t have much to with that. The process was quick and easy. 

2 hours ago, dcsam said:

Last time we went into Canada, we got off the bus; passports were checked, and then we re-boarded.  Coming back - we didn’t even get off the bus (they just checked passports).  Not sure how the luggage was handled.  We didn’t have much to with that. The process was quick and easy. 

Completely depends on the whim of the border agents for either country.  It can be a simple passport check all the way to completely unloading the bus, including all luggage.  Just like going through in a car or through airports - it could be anywhere on the inspection spectrum.

I live in Bellingham, and it is about 90 minutes to Vancouver, a bit shorter to YVR, a lot depends on time of day and tunnel traffic.  We have Nexus, so get expedited border crossings.  
We plan on it taking 2 hours to get to SEA for a red eye, 3 hours if we are going through during any rush hour traffic.  
The border crossings can be a crap shoot, it has taken us as little as 5 minutes, as much as 2 hours (pre Nexus).

• Like 2

23 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

I doubt it. It’s two hours on a good day, which is rare (construction, rain, rush hour, weekends, etc.). Not sure why you think they might…? It also has a border crossing.

Oops. Obviously meant to say three hours. Was thinking of getting to the border (where I grew up, and my father was a Customs inspector). I was also wondering what the border crossing experiences with HAL were like, given recent Covid restrictions, & just general hassles that can arise with inspections.