Crystal Caves - with or without stingrays?

ezjack1825

Info on the caves themselves is here - https://www.caymancrystalcaves.com

Nice enough attraction if you’re into caves.

Kaibo is a beach restaurant in the Cayman Kai (Rum Point) area.  https://www.kaibo.ky
I used to be a bigger fan of their food before they got all poshy.  Nice place as far as atmosphere goes.

Starfish Point is a spot near the Kaibo where you can often (but not always) see starfish in the water.  Okay beach, shallow water.

if you put the various spots into google maps you can get a good idea of where they are in relation to the port and to each other.

The only way to get to the caves is by land, and they mention Kaibo lounge time post-caves, and there’s a no-caves option, so I’m assuming that they take you by boat to Stingray City and then Starfish Point first, then dock at Kaibo.  They must have a shuttle parked there to run you to the caves and back, about 15-20 min each way maybe?  And then by boat back to town and then a shuttle to the ship.  

Knowing the distances, that seems to make the most sense.  Driving to Kaibo and the caves from town would take much longer, about 45-60 min each way, and since starfish point is about a 2 min boat ride from Kaibo, I can’t see them lugging you into town to come all the way back out to the caves.  That just seems weird.  If they didn’t mention going to the Kaibo after the caves, then maybe they’d be doing the cave part separately by land, but there’s no way they’re driving by land all the way to the Kaibo if they took you to Starfish Point by boat.

If the various stops are of interest, then it looks like a decent tour.  Captain Marvin’s has a pretty good reputation, lots of good reviews of them online.  (I’ve been to the spots DIY, just not on an excursion.)

On 10/14/2022 at 12:30 PM, ezjack1825 said:

We have done the stingrays before with Captain Marvin's (they are great) - I saw this combo tour with the caves,  Any input on this tour or other tours with the caves?  https://captainmarvins.com/stingray-city/stingray-starfish-caves/

Curious about this at it says pickup is 7:15am? It’s much earlier than ships usually arrive, so was wondering how you’ve done it with them before. Thanks!

1 hour ago, zackarykeef said:

Curious about this at it says pickup is 7:15am? It’s much earlier than ships usually arrive, so was wondering how you’ve done it with them before. Thanks!

Depending on the time of year, Cayman time is often one hour earlier than ship time since they don’t do daylight savings.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:55 AM, zackarykeef said:

I've booked their tours befor just not this one.