Club Orange Special Event Experiences

Ready2go11

Recently booked club orange on two upcoming cruises for the cabin upgrade (both Pinnacle class ships). A benefit I have not often seen mentioned on CC is below from the HAL website. For those who have done Clue Orange, can you share what experiences have been offered and note which ship you were on?

Invitation to a special onboard event chosen by
the ship’s captain, such as a:
• Private Greenhouse Spa & Salon® consultation
• Complimentaryjewelrycleaning

thanks!

23 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

Recently booked club orange on two upcoming cruises for the cabin upgrade (both Pinnacle class ships). A benefit I have not often seen mentioned on CC is below from the HAL website. For those who have done Clue Orange, can you share what experiences have been offered and note which ship you were on?

Invitation to a special onboard event chosen by
the ship’s captain, such as a:
• Private Greenhouse Spa & Salon® consultation
• Complimentaryjewelrycleaning

thanks!

Hal is not good at updating its literature.  That special event has not happened since pre pandemic.

Both o the Spa. Consultation and Jewelry Cleaning are opportunities to sell services and jewelry,  I had my rings cleaned while I looked around the display cases.  Neither of these would have been an experience chosen by the Captain and neither is an event.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobbiSox said:

My 'special event' was canceled, with nothing offered to replace it. I made a fuss about it, and was then offered a complimentary lunch in the Pinnacle, which I thought was special enough. 

That wouldn’t mean much since I think as a 5 star it’s worth $10.  Better than nothing I guess.

I have only recently noticed mention in this forum of Club Orange so it is new to me. I looked at the benefits and was wondering if it is worth it. In my case I booked a 16 day cruise (Sydney/Singapore) some time ago so that equates to $15pdpp. My thought was if I applied now (cruise is Jan 23) would an upgrade cabin be available? Are some held aside? I suspect my cruise is heavily booked already.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I have only recently noticed mention in this forum of Club Orange so it is new to me. I looked at the benefits and was wondering if it is worth it. In my case I booked a 16 day cruise (Sydney/Singapore) some time ago so that equates to $15pdpp. My thought was if I applied now (cruise is Jan 23) would an upgrade cabin be available? Are some held aside? I suspect my cruise is heavily booked already.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The cabin upgrade is the most valuable part of the Club Orange package, at least from a dollar standpoint.

You would want to ask HAL about cabin availability. You need to call them anyway if you want to book Club Orange so they can tell you then if any upgrades are available.

1 hour ago, AFNavigator said:

The cabin upgrade is the most valuable part of the Club Orange package, at least from a dollar standpoint.

You would want to ask HAL about cabin availability. You need to call them anyway if you want to book Club Orange so they can tell you then if any upgrades are available.

Yup,  and have your ship pdf ready to look at what’s available. I’ve had a good upgrade in the past, but for my upcoming cruise no cabin available in the right location for us. 

Edited by trixiee