OBC for shares

bschmitt

Can anyone tell me how to apply for the obc when you own Carnival stock.  First time on Holland America and know nothing about how to go about this and how much obc you get.  By a former post it appears to be $250, which would be great.  RCCL only gives $100.

58 minutes ago, bschmitt said:

Can anyone tell me how to apply for the obc when you own Carnival stock.  First time on Holland America and know nothing about how to go about this and how much obc you get.  By a former post it appears to be $250, which would be great.  RCCL only gives $100.

As per @FlaMariner 's link, amounts are as follows:

Onboard credit per stateroom on 
sailings of 14 days or longer US$250
sailings of 7 to 13 days US$100
sailings of 6 days or less US$50

When you get your statement ready to fax or email, black-out only the account number and NOT your address. (An Oxford comma would have made that clear!) Make sure the page you send them has the number (100) of CCL shares on it -- I somehow assumed the top page would be enough and never noticed that the actual itemized holdings were not until page 5 of 16! Also make sure your statement has your current mailing address; ours didn't! 

Fortunately I have about ten weeks to get my ducks in a row!

1 hour ago, craftygrandma said:

Amount depends on length of cruise.  You can fax to 206 270 6080 or email World Cruise Reservations @ hollandamerica.com.  I emailed my stockholder statement and it took lest than a week to get it posted to my account.

The actual email address is slightly different than above.  It's World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com.  Don't forget the underscores.

Has anyone experience with both parties in a cabin owning shares, and getting TWO OBCs?  Someone on a FB group is claiming both husband and wife have submitted and received TWO OBCs.  This seems contrary to what it says on the sheet published by Carnival.

17 minutes ago, Skipper's Mom said:

One credit per cabin, not per person.

Yes - we have 2 cruises booked back to back under 2 different booking numbers and received $250 for each cruise.  We have done this many times.

16 minutes ago, soccermom4 said:

So - If I buy 100 shares - and have 3 cabins booked on a 12 day cruise to Europe this summer (on Carnival), each cabin will get $100 of OBC?  And for our 32 day HAL cruise, it's $250 OBC?

If both names are on the broker account and each one is in a different cabin, several people have been able to get credit in both cabins. YMMV. If you are trying to do this, I would suggest that you put in the request on different days.

5 minutes ago, soccermom4 said:

To clarify - on the Europe cruise - my husband and I are splitting up and each sharing with one kid.  Does that make any difference?  I noticed it said "share-holder occupied cabin".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soccermom4 said:

So - If I buy 100 shares - and have 3 cabins booked on a 12 day cruise to Europe this summer (on Carnival), each cabin will get $100 of OBC?  And for our 32 day HAL cruise, it's $250 OBC?

Two of you cannot be in three cabins...

• Haha 1

Lol.  True - I initially wasn't sure if it mattered that we're paying for all 3 (2 parents + 4 adult kids).  I went back and re-read and saw it was for share-holder occupied.  So, it sounds like likely $100 for the Europe cruise (maybe 2x$100 with some luck and splitting my DH and I into 2 of the cabins), $250 for the HAL cruise.  Thanks.