Transfer from Heathrow to southampton

I've been researching private transfers from Heathrow to Southampton for a June cruise.  

I can't help you with Empire Limo because I have never heard of them.

But I have texted Twelve Transfers, EC MiniBus, British Express Cars, Blackberry Cars, and Heathrow Shuttle.  All texted me right back with information and prices.  There is a wide range of prices.  They all seem very helpful.  The downside is you pretty much have to contact them by text because they do not have a way to call them from the states.

From what I read on Cruise Critic Blackberry seems to be a favorite.

17 hours ago, gunnywife said:

I've been researching private transfers from Heathrow to Southampton for a June cruise.  

I can't help you with Empire Limo because I have never heard of them.

But I have texted Twelve Transfers, EC MiniBus, British Express Cars, Blackberry Cars, and Heathrow Shuttle.  All texted me right back with information and prices.  There is a wide range of prices.  They all seem very helpful.  The downside is you pretty much have to contact them by text because they do not have a way to call them from the states.

From what I read on Cruise Critic Blackberry seems to be a favorite.

Why not use e-mail ? 

20 hours ago, gunnywife said:

The downside is you pretty much have to contact them by text because they do not have a way to call them from the states.

And why can't you call them from the US? All of their respective websites give their phone numbers.

I'm in the US and the phone numbers are for England.  At my old age I'm pretty much computer illiterate.  So if there's a way to call them without high charges I don't know it.  Besides I don't mind keeping in touch with them the way I do.  It's no problem.  They get right back to me.

Hi 

We were in London this past June for a 14 night Med.Cruise We used Blackberry Cars 4 times while in London, round trip from Heathrow to Hotel, round trip from Southhampton Cruise Port  back to hotel then back to Heathrow 

They are dependable, safe and cars were immaculately clean.

Our Driver was Petru, he was awsome , very easy to communicate with Blackberry thru email ,

great communication with driver when in London

9 hours ago, gunnywife said:

I'm in the US and the phone numbers are for England.  At my old age I'm pretty much computer illiterate.  So if there's a way to call them without high charges I don't know it.

That's very different from "they do not have a way to call them from the states".

I think my international calling card (bought from and branded by a large supermarket here) allows me to call a US landline for 0.5p per minute plus a 4p call set-up charge. No computers are involved. I would be surprised if there is nothing similar that is readily available in the US.

On 10/17/2022 at 4:13 AM, Globaliser said:

That's very different from "they do not have a way to call them from the states".

I think my international calling card (bought from and branded by a large supermarket here) allows me to call a US landline for 0.5p per minute plus a 4p call set-up charge. No computers are involved. I would be surprised if there is nothing similar that is readily available in the US.

There my be some workarounds in the US, but generally our mobile providers hate us calling outside our borders. Or rather, doing so inexpensively. For someone not comfortable with the process, it just isn’t worth it if email works.

Absent getting a local SIM, it is also quite expensive for us to use our phones outside of the US unless our company gives us a flat-rate $10/day option to use our data and cell number in a foreign country. This is where other countries are generally miles ahead of us.