No Scuba?

JDsafeman

We had a 2-Tank Dive excursion booked through Carnival on the Breeze.  Before we arrived in Cozumel we were notified that all dive excursions were cancelled fleet-wide.  While we were in Cozumel we didn't see any dive boats servicing Carnival or Royal ships.

When we enquired at the Shore Excursions desk we were told that it had to do with insurance.  

It sounds like it may just be a temporary thing but if you have a dive scheduled you may want to double check.

On our upcoming cruises we plan to book privately. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JDsafeman said:

If anyone has an update, please let us know.

The update is that the cruise lines are no longer offering SCUBA excursions due to insurance liability concerns. If you wish to go diving, you will need to find your own third party to book through.

22 hours ago, JDsafeman said:

We had a 2-Tank Dive excursion booked through Carnival on the Breeze.  Before we arrived in Cozumel we were notified that all dive excursions were cancelled fleet-wide.  While we were in Cozumel we didn't see any dive boats servicing Carnival or Royal ships.

When we enquired at the Shore Excursions desk we were told that it had to do with insurance.  

It sounds like it may just be a temporary thing but if you have a dive scheduled you may want to double check.

On our upcoming cruises we plan to book privately. 

There are tons of very reputable dive operation in Cozumel. Has to be better than the cattle call diving run through the ships.

We have always had very good experiences with dives booked through the ship.

We have two upcoming cruises on Royal Caribbean that we have already booked Scuba excursions.

Hopefully, this is temporary and will be resolved.  Otherwise, we have no problem booking privately but we did not have the opportunity to do so on this trip due to the short notice.

8 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Recently back from Grand Cayman and Cozumel and this appears to apply to snuba excursions as well.  Both ports had snuba listings at one time for our sailing, but they vanished a few months ago.  

Interesting. We have a snuba excursion as an option at Cozumel, but nowhere else on our W. Car. trip. We also have a S. Car. cruise booked with 4 ports, but no snuba on any of those.

2 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Interesting. We have a snuba excursion as an option at Cozumel, but nowhere else on our W. Car. trip. We also have a S. Car. cruise booked with 4 ports, but no snuba on any of those.

How far in the future for Coz?  I think it's likely that'll get cancelled.  

I've done the snuba at Cozumel and Grand Cayman before and really enjoyed it, so the lack was...disappointing.  I snorkeled at GC instead and it was one of the best (and best-managed) snorkeling excursions I've ever done.  

I have a cruise in early November, and as of today my scuba excursions are still showing up.

The cruise is a B2B, and several weeks ago the second week (second cruise) of our itinerary was changed.  When I looked to add a scuba excursion in Roatan (port was added), there was none available, which I thought was odd.  However, my existing scuba excursions on the first (Cozumel & Roatan) and second week (Cozumel) are unchanged.  Hope that holds!

2 hours ago, Pellaz said:

How far in the future for Coz?  I think it's likely that'll get cancelled.  

I've done the snuba at Cozumel and Grand Cayman before and really enjoyed it, so the lack was...disappointing.  I snorkeled at GC instead and it was one of the best (and best-managed) snorkeling excursions I've ever done.  

August 😀 

• Like 1