On "Deck for a Cause" HAL ?

scubacruiserx2

We are currently on the Nieuw Amsterdam, for 4 cruises lasting 5 weeks. We have supported ODFAC for the Ukraine since April 2022.

But a cause much closer to home and HAL's Eastern home port has materialized - Hurricane IAN. If this hurricane had stuck Port Everglades or the Port of Miami, the cruise season would have been over for this year and perhaps years to come.

Hurricane Ian hit about 100 miles away from Port Everglades, with 150 mph winds - the 5th largest hurricane to strike the US. It left 4 million Floridians without power and caused over $47 billion. Over 100 people died in this storm in the US.

Why hasn't HAL adopted Hurricane Relief to Florida, as an option for On Deck for a Cause ?

https://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/news/hurricane-ians-path-of-destruction#:~:text=On Sept. 28%2C Hurricane Ian,Cayman Islands%2C and western Cuba.

4 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

If you are onboard now, why not ask your question of the officers onboard?  You can get a “let is know” form at the customer service desk.  Maybe HAL will follow your recommendation for one of the weeks you are onboard.

You don’t even need a form.  You can do it through the navigator app.

16 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You don’t even need a form.  You can do it through the navigator app.

I couldn’t remember the name of the App and I was too lazy to look it up.  Thanks for the suggestion.  That works, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

If you are onboard now, why not ask your question of the officers onboard?  You can get a “let is know” form at the customer service desk.  Maybe HAL will follow your recommendation for one of the weeks you are onboard.

We first spoke to the service desk a couple of weeks ago and were told that they don't make policy . We next spoke to our concierge with whom we have a very good relationship . She is in fact Ukrainian . She did write Seattle about 10 days ago and we have waited patiently - with no response . Thus we have went to the court of public opinion . Our next action is to write Seattle . It would sure help if anyone could give us a name of a person that we could write to who could help . If anyone agrees with helping our fellow Floridians it would be nice if they say so .

I always start by writing to the highest level person of the company, so who is CEO of Carnival, then carbon copy the Pres. of Holland America.  Many years ago, I complained to my local, chain supermarket after they really messed up my Thanksgiving turkey/stuffing/gravy order and ruined my dinner; I wrote one letter, one page, to the Pres. of the supermarket chain.  Within two weeks, the manager of the local supermarket arrived at my front door with a huge food/wine basket and a gift certificate for $200.  He said I don't know what you did, ma'am, but I was told to get over here and fix the problem!  It went through the company's entire chain of command.  Always start high up in a company! 

(So, Josh Weintein, Pres., CEO and Chief Climate Officer of Carnival Corp. and Stein Kruse, CEO of Holland America Line).

Edited by 12cruise2