Questions ☺️

Traveling on the symphony of the seas in December. I have a few questions. On the private island, can you just get off the ship and sit on the beach or do you have to pay extra money to use pools and different amenities. I’m a little confused. Also, if I book a Tour in Saint Thomas to go to the beach, and it’s pouring rain that day, do we get reimbursed for the tour? Thank you.

🥰

On perfect day @CocoCay Yes there are plenty of free lounge chairs with or without umbrellas.   Oasis pool is free, Free buffet, free food at various snack shacks.  Free tram ride.  No need to spend anything on the island.  

Yes, if a royal caribbean excursion is cancelled due to bad weather you would receive refund.

On all the private islands you can get a chair for free Coco Cay has umbrellas too. Food and the pool are free. There are activities if you want to pay for then and cabanas and pay extra separate areas. You can have a great day without paying anything. The same free drinks are available. Alcohol is available to purchase with your sail card.

4 hours ago, blueflower1968 said:

Traveling on the symphony of the seas in December. I have a few questions. On the private island, can you just get off the ship and sit on the beach or do you have to pay extra money to use pools and different amenities. I’m a little confused. Also, if I book a Tour in Saint Thomas to go to the beach, and it’s pouring rain that day, do we get reimbursed for the tour? Thank you.

🥰

On both CocoCay and Labadee, there is a lot of open beaches with complimentary loungers and umbrellas. The Oasis pool on CocoCay is complimentary. Complimentary buffet lunches are served. Your drink package or diamond vouchers work on the islands. 

On CocoCay, we usually camp at Chill Island next to the buffet which is also a short walk over to the pool. 

image.thumb.png.e9b939ab26773ff0f0557473ce109d6f.png

image.thumb.png.e2c65eb94e5b3a68d5071e4cf65ace5b.png

(This is actually the Skipper's Grill buffet, but the Chill Island buffet is the same).

image.png.2c7d9fe26118b016ee115ec86afe5b21.png

image.png.690e947a9a98ec90893121dc8a4651bc.png

image.png.473556ac3bb8beb0a337978dd56f32a9.png

image.png.ea9f64814f3b7abe5eb593571969be3b.png

Edited by BirdTravels

If your question about excursions is whether they cancel excursions due to bad weather, in my experience, the answer is usually no. The reason is because rain doesn't last long (at least non-hurricane rain), and will generally pass after 15-30 minutes. 

I've been on snorkeling excursions (not ship sponsored) where the rain was pouring so heavily that people headed below deck, wondering why we weren't being taken back to shore. But the rain eventually went away and then it was just a normal Caribbean sunshiny day again. 

I've also gotten off the ship to do a volcano hike and it was pouring rain. I didn't want to go on the hike, but it wasn't canceled, so no refunds. The rain stopped before we got to the hike so it was no problem. 

I'm sure that if the tour was canceled, you'd get your money back, but I don't think they cancel much due to rain, since the rain doesn't last long.