Haven on Encore

Frogger22

My parents are thinking of joining us next March on the Encore in a Haven room. I have not been following Haven closely since we (2 teens and 2 adults) are booked in Club Balcony and Regular Balcony rooms (mid ship, deck 9). Are the Haven rooms on Encore spread out or close to the Haven Complex? Where is the Haven Complex on the Encore? I see Owners Suite, Two Bedroom Villa, Aft (not Large) and all Penthouses are still available. They would like either 2 BR or a bedroom and separate sitting areas, any recommendations appreciated. Or we could all fit into the Owners Suite (just kidding). Also, (though not as important) will we be able to visit them in Haven Complex or restaurant (my guess is not). Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Frogger22 said:

Are the Haven rooms on Encore spread out or close to the Haven Complex?

NCL has this fantastic section of their website where such information can be located.  This page indicates there are Haven rooms aft and forward.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/encore/staterooms (select the Haven tab, couldn't link to it directly)

On this page, you can view the layout of the ship, decks 17 and up in the forward section of the ship appear to be Haven, just as on the Bliss and Joy which are nearly identical.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/encore/deck-plans

A little tongue-in-cheek, but just a quick browse of the NCL page can give some amazing answers.

23 minutes ago, Frogger22 said:

Also, (though not as important) will we be able to visit them in Haven Complex or restaurant (my guess is not). Thanks!

This question is answered in this thread from this weekend - 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, hallux said:

NCL has this fantastic section of their website where such information can be located.  This page indicates there are Haven rooms aft and forward.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/encore/staterooms (select the Haven tab, couldn't link to it directly)

On this page, you can view the layout of the ship, decks 17 and up in the forward section of the ship appear to be Haven, just as on the Bliss and Joy which are nearly identical.

A little tongue-in-cheek, but just a quick browse of the NCL page can give some amazing answers.

Thank you  - this is very helpful! I found the floor plans on website. I'd love any first hand experience on 2BR in Haven vs Owner Suite - my parents would prefer to have two separate sleeping areas. The Owners is 2x the price as Haven 2Br so I am wondering what the big difference is. The aft facing Haven also looks good for them!

19 minutes ago, hallux said:

You can not spend anytime in the Haven “ public areas”, bar, pool , sundeck etc. you can visit their room and they can have a party. They can invite you to a meal ( and pay for you, I think $30 for dinner) in the Haven restaurant if the Maitre ‘d says that there is room. The haven complex is wonderful. There are also some suites tucked in the far corners of the ship for less money that have Haven privileges but it is a hassle to make the trip every time you want to eat or sit out. Those suites have a separate living area. We started with one room in the Haven (a Haven Courtyard Penthouse ) but now stay in a two bedroom family suite so one person can sleep and one watch TV or read. Two bathrooms are wonderful especially on a long cruise. We use the second ( tiny) bedroom for luggage storage. Once in the Haven it’s hard to go back.

39 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

You can not spend anytime in the Haven “ public areas”, bar, pool , sundeck etc. you can visit their room and they can have a party. They can invite you to a meal ( and pay for you, I think $30 for dinner) in the Haven restaurant if the Maitre ‘d says that there is room. The haven complex is wonderful. There are also some suites tucked in the far corners of the ship for less money that have Haven privileges but it is a hassle to make the trip every time you want to eat or sit out. Those suites have a separate living area. We started with one room in the Haven (a Haven Courtyard Penthouse ) but now stay in a two bedroom family suite so one person can sleep and one watch TV or read. Two bathrooms are wonderful especially on a long cruise. We use the second ( tiny) bedroom for luggage storage. Once in the Haven it’s hard to go back.

Thank you - I've stared at the diagram for the 2 BR and the Owners Suite, but having trouble understanding what the small spaces are. In the 2 BR you stayed in is there a primary bedroom, a sitting area AND a small 2nd Bedroom?

Yes . The master bedroom ( primary) has a huge bathroom with two sinks, large shower and water closet and separate tub. Tons of storage but tight around the bed  . The living room is very comfortable with a sofa that becomes a bed and a small balcony ( no lounger because they expect you to use the sundeck which is wonder and spacious) . The second bedroom is tiny with a fold out double bed and a drop down single bed from the ceiling that you use a ladder to get into. Like a bunk bed. There is a closet and a very nice small bathroom with a walk in shower.in the living room is a table with four chairs and a coffee bar with welcoming champagne 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Dinner in the Prima Haven was $55 per person if not staying in the Haven.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frogger22 said:

Are the Haven rooms on Encore spread out or close to the Haven Complex?

Both. 

Where is the Haven Complex on the Encore?

Forward decks 17, 18, 19.

They would like either 2 BR or a bedroom and separate sitting areas, any recommendations appreciated.

The aft-facing Haven balcony suites and nearly all of the forward-facing (window) Haven balcony suites have separate bedroom/living room areas. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frogger22 said:

Thank you - I've stared at the diagram for the 2 BR and the Owners Suite, but having trouble understanding what the small spaces are. In the 2 BR you stayed in is there a primary bedroom, a sitting area AND a small 2nd Bedroom?

If you search on YouTube, there are tons of cabin walk-through videos.  Just search NCL Encore and a couple words of the cabin name…ie, NCL Encore Haven 2 bedroom…and you should find them.  There’s a travel agent that has done a ton of great videos of most cabins on Encore in particular.  He’s also got a Haven walkthrough so you can see what the complex looks like.  I find his videos really useful, wish we could post links here but it’s against the board rules.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

If you search on YouTube, there are tons of cabin walk-through videos.  Just search NCL Encore and a couple words of the cabin name…ie, NCL Encore Haven 2 bedroom…and you should find them.  There’s a travel agent that has done a ton of great videos of most cabins on Encore in particular.  He’s also got a Haven walkthrough so you can see what the complex looks like.  I find his videos really useful, wish we could post links here but it’s against the board rules.

He gives me a good harr-de-harr laugh on many of his videos...especially his bogies and lack of ability on the basketball court. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2