Queens Grill - Suggestions for Lunchtime Special Orders

ClefsDor

As a rule when we cruise we eat fairly lightly for breakfast and lunch and go all out at dinner. Looking at some recent lunch time menus in QG there are quite a lot of richer and heavier dishes that sound amazing but I don't think I could indulge to that extent for both lunch and dinner so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for some lunchtime requests that are lighter but still delicious i.e. I don't want to just eat a salad :). Thinking of something like  tuna poke bowl, sushi and sashimi, mixed seafood platter? Would these items be doable, any other suggestions that people like to order at lunch?

Also wondering if it's possible to see the next days menu the night before? TIA

• Like 1

Maybe we were lucky to be in Princess Grill, I didn't remember richer and heavier dishes in our restaurant.

You do have to remember that there a the Lunch Menu and the Alternate A La Carte  Menu on the other flap of the Menu Binder.

35 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

As a rule when we cruise we eat fairly lightly for breakfast and lunch and go all out at dinner. Looking at some recent lunch time menus in QG there are quite a lot of richer and heavier dishes that sound amazing but I don't think I could indulge to that extent for both lunch and dinner so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for some lunchtime requests that are lighter but still delicious i.e. I don't want to just eat a salad :). Thinking of something like  tuna poke bowl, sushi and sashimi, mixed seafood platter? Would these items be doable, any other suggestions that people like to order at lunch?

Also wondering if it's possible to see the next days menu the night before? TIA

My lunches, -:

Sushi, sashimi, tuna tartare, caprese salad, carpaccio, wonderful salads [to my own dictate of constituents] with lobster tail and prawns, seared tuna, blackened tuna...salads with dressings on the side

Light, delicious and most certainly doable when ordered the night before or at breakfast.

Enjoy

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

My lunches, -:

Sushi, sashimi, tuna tartare, caprese salad, carpaccio, wonderful salads [to my own dictate of constituents] with lobster tail and prawns, seared tuna, blackened tuna...salads with dressings on the side

Light, delicious and most certainly doable when ordered the night before or at breakfast.

Enjoy

Those are wonderful choices and just the sort of suggestions I had in mind! Thanks Victoria2!

56 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

I'm partial to a good tuna melt!! I imagine this wouldn't be pushing their culinary prowess too hard!

If we ever want a quick lunch due to timings of an excursion, a tuna melt, with fries of course is our cabin 'go to'. Yummy  🙂

9 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Maybe we were lucky to be in Princess Grill, I didn't remember richer and heavier dishes in our restaurant.

You do have to remember that there a the Lunch Menu and the Alternate A La Carte  Menu on the other flap of the Menu Binder.

Never had an alc lunch menu in QG.

17 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

On the last two cruises, they have come in the morning.

Ours too but as one who often eats dinner 'off', I request the following day's dinner menu when having after dinner coffee, to have a quick glance at to decide if the following dinner is  an 'on' day, or an 'off' day.

After a day or two, the menu is brought automatically for me to look at.