Celebrity vs RCCL

Pickleball Player

On 10/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, adolfo2 said:

Booking ONE Celebrity Cruise to be with your friends and trying something new is hardly a commitment. 

Taking a leap into the unknown and spending an additional 3/4/5k on a holiday is a commitment 

10 minutes ago, JonoBhoy said:

Taking a leap into the unknown and spending an additional 3/4/5k on a holiday is a commitment 

Are you talking Apples to Apples (i.e. balcony to balcony, Caribbean to Caribbean)? Celebrity is certainly more expensive but hardly "3/4/5k" more than RC for similar length, time-of-year, ammenities & accommodations. Best is to look at the per-diem cost for an honest comparison. 

• Like 1

We were on just one Celebrity cruise, Thanksgiving week 2014 on Celebrity Constellation and we really enjoyed it.  One of our highlights was bring seated at a larger dining room table with a member of the British Parliament.  

Gary Bembridge, YouTube channel Tips for Travelers, looks at Celebrity as 2 different cruise lines under 1 name.  The older (relative term) Solstice and Millennium class ships he views as having a more traditional cruise experience and the new Edge class ships he believes are trying to draw a younger set and families.  This is his opinion and I cannot agree or refute.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

One if the things we love about X is we can book a Suite and enjoy the Retreat but we also love the other areas just as much.  We have friends who sail in the YachtClub and Haven but don’t enjoy being in the other areas of the ships so they never leave the suite area.

Honestly we spend most of our time in the retreat areas.  We dine in specialty restaurants, see the shows, shop in the stores, but as for the pool, stay on the retreat deck.  So unless something special going on, we don't leave the suite area either.

19 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Honestly we spend most of our time in the retreat areas.  We dine in specialty restaurants, see the shows, shop in the stores, but as for the pool, stay on the retreat deck.  So unless something special going on, we don't leave the suite area either.

And we don’t want you to use the rest of the ship, we are not worthy of being in your presence😁

On 10/25/2022 at 10:49 AM, adolfo2 said:

Are you talking Apples to Apples (i.e. balcony to balcony, Caribbean to Caribbean)? Celebrity is certainly more expensive but hardly "3/4/5k" more than RC for similar length, time-of-year, ammenities & accommodations. Best is to look at the per-diem cost for an honest comparison. 

Likewise I don't know where that "3/4/5k" more comes from. I have honestly not noticed that X is notably more expensive than the other 2 lines I've sailed. I comparison-shop every time I want to book, and typically look at 4 cruise lines -- in alphabetical order Carnival, Celebrity, Princess and Royal. Never managed a Princess cruise, although we had one booked that got covid-cancelled (Nov 2020). I almost never spend a "small fortune" on cruises because we enjoy other vacation venues (love our road trips). I would never have sailed X or any other line if it was over-priced, comparatively speaking.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 10:57 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

And we don’t want you to use the rest of the ship, we are not worthy of being in your presence😁

I think that his point is there are two ships onboard E class.  One for the suites and Retreat where the majority seem to give it an A.  And the rest of the ship where it is a B or C.  

Moral of the story,  book suites on E class.  On S class regular cabins are an A or B.

Edited by NMTraveller