change to my boarding number

noslen3333

19 hours ago, noslen3333 said:

ok...I am one of those that checks into my boarding shortly after midnight. As a diamond, I have a 2-day early check-in time from other passengers. So those before me isn't the issue. If diamonds don't get priority boarding then why to we get priority departure? So that doesn't make sense. To me this is akin to getting less product for the same price when you go to the grocery store. Again, I am not trying to think because I am diamond, I should get priority. Instead, when something changes that I have had the right by Carnival to early boarding the ship, then I am curious as to the why.

It makes me question Carnival because I have been a fan of them and have enjoyed the perks that Carnival has given me because of my loyalty. Now I am starting to have an issue because my perks are being cut almost everytime I have cruised recently. That is where my head is at and I just want to know why do diamond cruisers not mean as much to Carnival as they used to.

I do think Diamonds should get Priority Boarding same as higher status guests with airlines gets Priority Boarding.  Based the the fact Carnival built a separate area for Suite guests in the new Mardi Gras terminal and nothing for Diamond/Platinum , tells me what direction they are heading. 

We are Diamond and booked on the Celebration TA.  Our 16-day window opened up at midnight.  We weren't able to login until 12:03.  Once in, we immediately went to select our arrival time, and the earliest available boarding group was C1.  It is hard to believe that all of the A and B groups were snatched up by other D & P & suite cruisers in only 3-minutes.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 9:26 PM, TomCruise48 said:

We are Diamond and booked on the Celebration TA.  Our 16-day window opened up at midnight.  We weren't able to login until 12:03.  Once in, we immediately went to select our arrival time, and the earliest available boarding group was C1.  It is hard to believe that all of the A and B groups were snatched up by other D & P & suite cruisers in only 3-minutes.

Just curious, what port arrival time did you select?  Or was able to select?

I'm guessing the C boarding group has a port check in time of 11:30 or 12?

On 10/21/2022 at 9:26 PM, TomCruise48 said:

Stupid question maybe, but are you in the Eastern time zone portion of Indiana, or the Central time zone?

I haven't done a Carnival cruise in many years.  My last few were Royal or Celebrity.  So now I have to make sure I check in right after midnight to get a good boarding position.  I feel like I am on Southwest. It is okay with me if I get a later boarding since I only live 25 minutes away. More time to get things done and not have to fight Raven's traffic in Baltimore.  LOL.  

28 minutes ago, mommyloons2009 said:

So now I have to make sure I check in right after midnight to get a good boarding position.

Well, any "check-in time" (not boarding time, though there is a causal relationship) is only good if it is preferred by _you_.  Some people like to check-in around 12:30pm and might be able to immediately board, since it usually means the "I got here early just in case" crowd has dispersed and you still get on board in time for "lunch".

4 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Stupid question maybe, but are you in the Eastern time zone portion of Indiana, or the Central time zone?

Eastern.  DW and I both tried multiple times on multiple devices starting at midnight and could not get in until 3-minutes after midnight Eastern time.  Others in our Roll Call have reported a similar experience.  I think that there will be lots of Diamonds and Platinums on the Celebration maiden cruise, so the first two boarding slot times went quickly.

3 hours ago, TomCruise48 said:

Eastern.  DW and I both tried multiple times on multiple devices starting at midnight and could not get in until 3-minutes after midnight Eastern time.  Others in our Roll Call have reported a similar experience.  I think that there will be lots of Diamonds and Platinums on the Celebration maiden cruise, so the first two boarding slot times went quickly.

OK, gotcha.