Live Report B225

walkingdude

I like reading menus and , until now,  know or have a rough idea of what will be served but this one stumped me..can someone in the know tell me what is Fried Custard!!!!!

Its on the menu shown on previous page.   I must try that,  I'll scroll through my next cruise menu with anticipation!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I like reading menus and , until now,  know or have a rough idea of what will be served but this one stumped me..can someone in the know tell me what is Fried Custard!!!!!

Its on the menu shown on previous page.   I must try that,  I'll scroll through my next cruise menu with anticipation!  🤣

Deep fried custard is an Italian delicacy but extremely popular in Texas where they make it with Nutella!.  Texans can fry literally anything, at the State Fair in Dallas I enjoyed the delights of fried champagne and fried beer!!!

https://www.greatitalianchefs.com/recipes/crema-fritta-recipe

https://www.mashed.com/237701/fried-beer-exists-heres-what-we-know-about-it/

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Fried Custard?, just add Fried Rhubarb and you have the full set of dog and cat 🙂

No signs of anything untoward on Deck 8, or any other deck this morning (it was a long walk, but good exercise). Nor could I see any areas that were cordoned off to the pax. After almost a week at sea, I think that’s a good sign 🥳🥳

• Like 5

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

One of our group had the Fried Custard and Trifle dessert and said it was very nice

2E1A5817-0C5C-4F5D-A058-C6586BA69EC8.jpeg

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, walkingdude said:

No signs of anything untoward on Deck 8, or any other deck this morning (it was a long walk, but good exercise). Nor could I see any areas that were cordoned off to the pax. After almost a week at sea, I think that’s a good sign 🥳🥳

Great detective work.  Delighted Britannia is behaving herself - look after her!   Things sound very good on disease. I suppose the "danger zone" is the four days from Tenerife one.  Assuming you've not got loads of coughing and sneezes as so far all reports from those of you posting onboard are excellent.  

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, walkingdude said:

Red dots and room service trays were the give away a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, walkingdude said:

Big argument on deck 17 yesterday over sun loungers. Pax leaving their towels etc and then disappearing for a couple of hours. Other pax removing the left belongings and taking over the loungers. Argument breaks out when the original occupiers return later. Announcement made over the PA system yesterday afternoon, and comment in last night’s Horizon newsletter saying that absence of more than 30 minutes means you can lose your lounger. Not much time to go and get lunch in the buffet, if that’s what you want to do 

Trouble is P&O don't "police" the pool areas unlike other lines.  As a single traveller on an RCI Middle East cruise I nipped to the loo and stopped to speak to someone on the way back.  When I returned for my seat my belongings had gone to the towel desk for me to collect.

Until the staff are instructed to deal with the issue the rows will continue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Deep fried custard is an Italian delicacy but extremely popular in Texas where they make it with Nutella!.  Texans can fry literally anything, at the State Fair in Dallas I enjoyed the delights of fried champagne and fried beer!!!

https://www.greatitalianchefs.com/recipes/crema-fritta-recipe

https://www.mashed.com/237701/fried-beer-exists-heres-what-we-know-about-it/

And I thought Scotland was bad enough with deep fried Mars bars and deep fried pizzas.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 11:00 AM, walkingdude said:

We’ve noticed that, too. We accept the sanitiser every time from the crew, and we each carry our own pocket-sized dispenser. It is unbelievable how some people behave 

Noticed a few people walk out of the toilet without washing their hands as well on our last cruise. 🤢

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Having spent maybe all of a couple of hours on a sun lounger in my entire life - and that in the garden - the etiquette around them fascinates me.

Leaving towels on them has been controversial (often even racially charged) for as long as I can remember, but what exactly is there to prevent anyone simply removing the towel from an otherwise empty lounger at any point? And how is that 30 minutes judged?  Do we need little timers of some kind, or maybe the Blue Badge time displays?

On our last princess cruise someone had made their own "gone to breakfast" laminated signs complete with "gone to lunch" on the reverse. We noticed the one guy would come to the deck first put 4 towels out with the "gone to breakfast" sign on each lounger. Nobody came to the loungers for over 3 hours with people wondering past in this time with nowhere to situate themselves. On the second day he did it after about 2 ½ hours a frail looking lady and her husband came past looking for somewhere to sit. They noticed the empty loungers and were about to move on after seeing the signs so I called over what looked like a deck attendant, told him no-one had used the loungers for nearly 3 hours. The attendant got a paper bag and removed everything. I had a little chuckle into my Prosecco when they came back and started scratching their heads looking for their beds haha

• Like 11

4 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Good spot!

One for Peter Kay, I think.

They'll be serving garlic bread and cheese cake next!

Edited by bbtablet
  • Haha 2

Some mixed news to update you with:-

On a personal note, very pleased to be able to report that we’ve managed to get a booking at Sindhu on Friday 4th, our last night. Great way to end our cruise.

On a more general note, I have to report that I bumped into a guy in full hazmat gear just 15 minutes ago on deck 14. I asked what was happening and he said he had to undertake a C19 test in a cabin.

On a slightly better note, he also said that he’d done “loads” of tests on this cruise and hadn’t had a single positive result so far - all were merely colds. He said he’s been on Britannia for the past 5 months and this cruise is the lowest number (of cases) he has seen. Fingers crossed 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, walkingdude said:

Some mixed news to update you with:-

On a personal note, very pleased to be able to report that we’ve managed to get a booking at Sindhu on Friday 4th, our last night. Great way to end our cruise.

On a more general note, I have to report that I bumped into a guy in full hazmat gear just 15 minutes ago on deck 14. I asked what was happening and he said he had to undertake a C19 test in a cabin.

On a slightly better note, he also said that he’d done “loads” of tests on this cruise and hadn’t had a single positive result so far - all were merely colds. He said he’s been on Britannia for the past 5 months and this cruise is the lowest number (of cases) he has seen. Fingers crossed 

I would take his comment with a pinch of salt. We were told that there was no more around when we were honest and tested positive on our Britannia cruise in Sept. It turned out there were many cases, so many that mask wearing became compulsory on orders from the captain, medical dept and Carnival. The crew are told not to comment on the number of cases.

• Like 2