Masterchef at Sea - Meraviglia

tbmrt

For kids 7-11. It was dumb. They gave the kids pizza dough and asked them to make a pizza. They had no toppings or anything. After 5 minutes of playing with the dough they judged it. No real food or cooking. Maybe this is just since covid? We love msc but this wasted 45 minutes...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vonnah said:

For kids 7-11. It was dumb. They gave the kids pizza dough and asked them to make a pizza. They had no toppings or anything. After 5 minutes of playing with the dough they judged it. No real food or cooking. Maybe this is just since covid? We love msc but this wasted 45 minutes...

Wow...Maybe I was thinking of another cruiseline...I remember there being about 5 cruisers plus a chef from the ship along with people watching in a room on bleacher type seats.  The chef showed them how to make a dish and guided them along the way.  Lots of fun with prizes.

11 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Wow...Maybe I was thinking of another cruiseline...I remember there being about 5 cruisers plus a chef from the ship along with people watching in a room on bleacher type seats.  The chef showed them how to make a dish and guided them along the way.  Lots of fun with prizes.

That is correct. There is a kids version and adults version. If they do it at the moment (and on which boats) that I don´t know.

7 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Your mind is not failing you!  On the Seaside (pre-COVID), it was held in the theater since no actual "cooking" was done.  Audience members took a short food knowledge quiz,  the emcee drew names and I recall people were put into teams of two. @Vonnah was probably referring to the other game show they had MasterChefs Junior at Sea.  Not sure if they kept one or both programs since COVID.  Don't recall seeing it the program when we were on Seashore earlier this year.

On MSC Opera this was an absolute joke. At least the kids version, only one version there was. Kids were given a slice of apple ('apple donut') and three colours of frosting. After three minutes of smearing around, all apple slices were binned and the show was over. The highlight was one of the tables collapsing, although that was quite sad for the kids at that table who were standing in tears.

Yes, they have it for both kids and adults on the last sea day of 7 night cruises.  My husband LOVES it and has won twice 😉  No, you cannot cook since it is in the theater but it is great fun nevertheless for those who participate.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Yes, they have it for both kids and adults on the last sea day of 7 night cruises.  My husband LOVES it and has won twice 😉  No, you cannot cook since it is in the theater but it is great fun nevertheless for those who participate.  

Do you know how one (my husband) would register to possibly participate?  Tx

53 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Your mind is not failing you!  On the Seaside (pre-COVID), it was held in the theater since no actual "cooking" was done.  Audience members took a short food knowledge quiz,  the emcee drew names and I recall people were put into teams of two. @Vonnah was probably referring to the other game show they had MasterChefs Junior at Sea.  Not sure if they kept one or both programs since COVID.  Don't recall seeing it the program when we were on Seashore earlier this year.

Thanks.  I did see Masterchef during the day in one of the 3 night Daily Planners posted.  However, it did say by the Atmosphere Pool.

We were on the Meraviglia in March. While I support the notion that adults may perceive it to be a “joke”, our nine-year-old son actually really enjoyed it! They didn’t cook anything, they cut fruit, and yogurt, and we are judged on how well they decorated cookies.  While they gave great comments to each kid in the judging, ultimately, they didn’t select a true winner, which was a little disappointing. We are not in the “everybody should get a trophy club”. We are going back on the Meraviglia in November, and our son now 10, is looking forward to participating in Master Chef. 

On 10/20/2022 at 10:00 AM, tbmrt said:

Do you know how one (my husband) would register to possibly participate?  Tx

You just show up to the theater.  Each guest (or couple) is given a paper to record answers to 10 or 15 (depends on the host) culinary questions. These are then scored. Top respondents get to play.  In the case of a tie they will randomly pick.  You go up on stage, sign a waiver, don a chef hat and apron and play 🙂  Great fun.

• Like 1