Jet2 Flights

energyuk

Hiya! I've had the same issue, due to fly out this Friday and couldn't check in online on the Jet2 link. Spoke to P&O over the phone and she told me to get my boarding pass at the airport at the Jet2 counter as it's a charter flight. As a first-time cruiser, I really feel like there's so little information on P&O's website explaining such an important detail like boarding passes not being needed if we're on a charter plane! I've had a stress stomach ache all day until I spoke to someone!

• Like 1

I tweeted PO Cruises and they checked for me and said that online check-in was not available as this was a Jet2 charter operated on their behalf.

I have no issue with this, apart from being misled into thinking we could check-in, but more the fact that it also means I cannot pre-order any of Jet2 hot meals for either flight. 

38 minutes ago, energyuk said:

I tweeted PO Cruises and they checked for me and said that online check-in was not available as this was a Jet2 charter operated on their behalf.

I have no issue with this, apart from being misled into thinking we could check-in, but more the fact that it also means I cannot pre-order any of Jet2 hot meals for either flight. 

We fly with Jet 2 tomorrow from East Midlands Airport and checked in on-line a couple of weeks ago,

but when I first tried it wouldn't work, so I left it a couple of days and all was fine.

Molly

• 1 month later...

I have been unable to check in on line, I fly chartered from Birmingham

My parents who are flying from Manchester have been able to check in online - there flight is scheduled.

I think this sums it up - check flight radar for your flight number....this will show if it flys the same route daily - this will be scheduled.

The other way is to do a false booking enquiry on Jet2 - to see what flights are available on the date you fly - if your flight isnt their then its either sold out or its chartered.

Hi I have been trying to find out the check in situation for our Xmas eve Jet 2 flight to Tenerife and I found this on the flight info on our booking! Phew! 

Hope it helps others who are wondering and worried too.

Happy Christmas everyone and happy cruising!

Julie

IMG-20221216-WA0017.jpg

Just now, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We flew jet two from manchester and checked in the night before and handed in our hold bags. In moring stright to security and departures. Jet two website will tell you how to check in and bag drop off night before.

You can only do that if it’s a schedule flight it’s not available for the charters

2 hours ago, Mollag said:

You can only do that if it’s a schedule flight it’s not available for the charters

54 minutes ago, CCFC said:

I asked Jet2 and they said we could.

Since Jet2 prides itself on their speedy check in process which helps them keep to timetables, then I would imagine they would want to use all the options they have, including twilight check in, to ensure even charter flights run on time.

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Since Jet2 prides itself on their speedy check in process which helps them keep to timetables, then I would imagine they would want to use all the options they have, including twilight check in, to ensure even charter flights run on time.

We flew with Jet2 from BHX last month. Check in took less than 3 minutes, and one minute of that was due to me working out how to apply the luggage label to the case handle !

Just now, CCFC said:

I asked Jet2 and they said we could.

I think you’ll find Jet2 customer service is similar to P&O you could contact 3 different people and get 3 different answers, please let us know if you are successful though it’ll be handy for our next one 

2 hours ago, Mollag said:

I think you’ll find Jet2 customer service is similar to P&O you could contact 3 different people and get 3 different answers, please let us know if you are successful though it’ll be handy for our next one 

I was quite specific with my question.

Jet2 tenerife.jpg

I had 20 attempts to log in and also kept getting the "server error" message. I tried Jet2/pcruieses and Jet2.com/pocruises both failed. I then clicked on the link tonight that is in one of the comments and it worked . There is obviously as issue which P&O need to sort out

On 12/17/2022 at 6:03 PM, CCFC said:

I was quite specific with my question.

Jet2 tenerife.jpg

You were specific with your question, in the same way they were specific with their answer....

As long as you have checked in online - I think this aspect is impossible with a charter flight (I wish it could be done - if you manage please let me know).

We flew to Tenerife from BHX on 3rd December with Jet2 leaving at 06.15 flight no. LS2185.

This flight is a charter and, therefore, we could neither book in before or use the twilight service.

When we flew back from Malta in September the flight was scheduled and so we could book in up to 28 days before.

We fly out to Tenerife from Manchester with Jet2 on NYE  ,  our flight details notification email from P&O  clearly show it is a charter flight. 

As per P&Os website check in is done at the airport for charters with Jet2 and you CAN NOT do the twilight bag drop the day before which is a shame as we have used that facility for holidays with Jet2 and it is brilliant . 

Screen shot from P&Os website in their FAQs section

Screenshot_20221220_221511_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1