luggage situation if arriving to Istanbul port on our own

lidge

We will be arriving to the Istanbul port via taxi.  What is the luggage procedure?  Do they take it fairly quickly or do we have to drag it from area to area prior to them taking it off our hands?  Is there anyone to assist us should we need help?  

We have embarked in Istanbul a couple of times, but not at the new port.  But I have been to the new port and it is very nice.  There is an underground area where taxis can drop you off, and I suspect Regent will have handlers there to get your luggage straight away.  The only place I have had to haul luggage around for a long distance was in Venice when we arrived by water taxi.

In the new terminal they were very quick scooping up the luggage. A little too fast actually. I had put one of the colored baggage tags on my carry on just for identification and the porters had it on a trolley before I knew it. I thought it had been lost but all was fine. Make sure your taxi drives to the drop-off point under the terminal and doesn't drop you on the street. Since it is new some of the drivers aren't familiar with it.

The new terminal is very nice and clean and under cover. The only drawback is that it is a pretty long walk after your bags are collected and you have checked in to actually get to the ship.