Boarding cards

Bin man

Thanks for suggestions .I actually have a print out but the colours weren't clear although barcode and q code in black look fine . I just wondered if anybody had used their phone and downloaded it and was able to scan off phone for boarding .In this so called modern technology days is this possible .I have them downloaded on phone and Samsung pad as back up .I will maybe have to bite the bullet and pay out for a  new printer but I am so tight 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Thanks for suggestions .I actually have a print out but the colours weren't clear although barcode and q code in black look fine . I just wondered if anybody had used their phone and downloaded it and was able to scan off phone for boarding .In this so called modern technology days is this possible .I have them downloaded on phone and Samsung pad as back up .I will maybe have to bite the bullet and pay out for a  new printer but I am so tight 

We have never had a problem scanning electronic barcodes on phone or tablet. The biggest problem I have seen is when people don't download the document and then struggle with the wifi, in your case you will be fine.

36 minutes ago, Bin man said:

I think you will be fine. They can always enter your details if there is a problem 

2 hours ago, Bin man said:

Does it really matter about the colours? I have printed ours for upcoming cruise on a black and white printer. I cannot imagine they will be rejected for that. 

Talking about boarding cards, I've just filled in the details that P&O wanted for mine for my cruise 21 days hence. It said I'd have to provide a photo, so I made sure I had one that I could upload, but after doing the passport and credit cards details, when I clicked on the Photo link all that came up was a Continue link. I clicked on that and it was happy to give me my boarding card, with no photo having been provided. Have they decided it's easier to just go back to taking people's photos at the terminal?

8 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

Talking about boarding cards, I've just filled in the details that P&O wanted for mine for my cruise 21 days hence. It said I'd have to provide a photo, so I made sure I had one that I could upload, but after doing the passport and credit cards details, when I clicked on the Photo link all that came up was a Continue link. I clicked on that and it was happy to give me my boarding card, with no photo having been provided. Have they decided it's easier to just go back to taking people's photos at the terminal?

In my experience you have always been able to print documents without attaching a photo, albeit we do now attach a photo as it is so easy to do with a phone/tablet, we attached a photo on our MSC cruise a couple of weeks ago but they still took another one at the port. I have attached a photo for our upcoming P&O cruise so we will see what happens.

3 hours ago, Bin man said:

If the black printing looks ok it it is likely to be just a problem with one of the colour cartridges. Either the relevant print head needs cleaning or it is running out of ink. Suggest that you do a nozzle check and an ink level check, your printers software should allow you to do this. Then clean or replace if necessary.

3 hours ago, Bin man said:

.I will maybe have to bite the bullet and pay out for a  new printer but I am so tight 

I used to have an old Epsom printer that gave me no end of grief ,what with one of the colour's forever running out or drying out as my printer got little use .

A friend of mine told me to buy a laser printer, which I did as they are powder based and cannot dry out on you . I opted for the black and white printer and have had years of trouble free printing from the same cartridge it came with ,which in the long run has been cheaper . 

8 minutes ago, Denarius said:

If the black printing looks ok it it is likely to be just a problem with one of the colour cartridges. Either the relevant print head needs cleaning or it is running out of ink. Suggest that you do a nozzle check and an ink level check, your printers software should allow you to do this. Then clean or replace if necessary.

Yes thanks for suggestion being there done that cleaned them , nozzle checked ,new cartridges,  but just won't print out on black or Magenta which are new cartridges. Yellow running low so given up ordered a new printer cheapo again guess its had its time like me 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

They accepted the one I uploaded back in july. I used the same one as my passport and driving licence.

The post office take my picture when they do the renewal. DVLA use that when I renew my licence, so I don't have a digital copy. I have a selfie that I took by mistake and upload that on the P&O system. If they don't like it they can take it again. DW has a picture of Harry Styles, but I doubt I would get away with that.

We got off Britannia on Friday and printed our luggage labels in black (had run out of colour) didn't attempt to download the photos no problems was done at the check in desk like pre-covid.  We did complete the health declaration on line three days before and only asked if there were any changes which there wasn't and if we had adequate insurance but didn't have to show it or our covid NHS certificate.

Some passengers were wearing masks but very few (we didn't) and crew I'd say in our experience was 60% wearing masks it seemed to be depending on where you were.

• Thanks 1