Dining Questions

thatjoeguy

Hi all. Platinum NCLer sailing on the Breakaway for the first time in the Haven. We last sailed in early 2020, right before the world shut down. My husband and I are sailing with our two kids, 4 and 6. The adults have the 2 meal SDP, and we're both platinum. A few dining questions:

1) I know the dining credits aren't transferable. Can we use our platinum voucher for the kids, since they're in our cabin, or at least half a voucher for one of us and half for one kid? (Teppanyaki specifically) 

2) First time in the Haven, so I imagine we'll be dining there more often than not. We have a dinner booked at Teppanyaki with some other family, but don't have any others booked yet. I saw we can use the SDP for Raw Bar and Wasabi, neither of which we've been to on other cruises. Are either of these open for lunch? Are either of them worth using an SDP credit on? (We may just waste some credits if not.) Does anyone have a (current) Wasabi menu? 

3) Anything we definitely need to try or should stay away from at the Haven restaurant?

Thanks all!!

51 minutes ago, thatjoeguy said:

Hi all. Platinum NCLer sailing on the Breakaway for the first time in the Haven. We last sailed in early 2020, right before the world shut down. My husband and I are sailing with our two kids, 4 and 6. The adults have the 2 meal SDP, and we're both platinum. A few dining questions:

1) I know the dining credits aren't transferable. Can we use our platinum voucher for the kids, since they're in our cabin, or at least half a voucher for one of us and half for one kid? (Teppanyaki specifically) 

2) First time in the Haven, so I imagine we'll be dining there more often than not. We have a dinner booked at Teppanyaki with some other family, but don't have any others booked yet. I saw we can use the SDP for Raw Bar and Wasabi, neither of which we've been to on other cruises. Are either of these open for lunch? Are either of them worth using an SDP credit on? (We may just waste some credits if not.) Does anyone have a (current) Wasabi menu? 

3) Anything we definitely need to try or should stay away from at the Haven restaurant?

Thanks all!!

I don't know the answer to 1 or 2. 

3. Be sure to order what you want off the menu in the Haven. If you want three filets with the turf and surf, order it. If you want five lobster tails with the prime rib, order it. Lunch in the Haven is the weakest meal to me, so that's the time my husband and I explore the rest of the ship for better offerings. One thing I do is pre-order (the night before) crab cakes to have in place of the Canadian bacon on the Eggs Benedict. Crab cake Eggs Benedict is amazing! 

image.thumb.jpeg.21f953be70c17299a12f76d05e970e4f.jpeg

If you enjoy shrimp cocktail, don't be scared about ordering it. On the dinner menu, you have the option of Shrimp Louie. Skip it. Just get a shrimp cocktail. It comes with three shrimp which is pathetic. Order as many pieces as you'd like. My husband typically orders nine shrimp, but has ordered up to 13. They don't say no. 

Normal shrimp cocktail serving glass (seven shrimp, as he had already eaten two):

image.thumb.jpeg.559b6724271c7e581efb3161dc189613.jpeg

When you order 13, be prepared for a slightly different presentation as they cannot fit that many on the normal glass.

image.thumb.jpeg.135f448c7a775a9f55332f3d1c72e241.jpeg

He also ordered one heck of a meat plate for breakfast one morning. You need to request the filet the night before. 

image.thumb.jpeg.533057e68f7d7e955280a7d810120916.jpeg

The only dishes I've ordered in the Haven that I find meh are the Brie Burger and ribs. Otherwise, everything I've had is so yummy!

Even though they are included in the daily service charge, be prepared to tip the servers in the Haven Restaurant. They are amazing and we love them, so we tip them a bit extra ($25 per server we have a solid relationship with).

Enjoy the Haven! It's the best place to be on a boat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thatjoeguy said:

Thanks all!!

This link is to a live post from our recent Breakaway cruise in the Haven. The Dailies show what is one and when. Wasabi is open. Raw Bar is not. (Also has a photo tour of the have towards the end)

This link is from the Haven Restaurant on the breakaway. 

1 hour ago, thatjoeguy said:

Option 

Dinner 1 

Mom Platinum / Kid 6 platinum voucher

Dad SDP / Kid 4 free kids menu

Dinner 2 

Dad Platinum / Kid 6 platinum voucher

Mom SDP / Kid 4 free kids menu

Dinner 3

Mom and Dad check the kids into the Splash Academy and go to SDP dinner on their own. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Option 

Dinner 1 

Mom Platinum / Kid 6 platinum voucher

Dad SDP / Kid 4 free kids menu

Dinner 2 

Dad Platinum / Kid 6 platinum voucher

Mom SDP / Kid 4 free kids menu

Dinner 3

Mom and Dad check the kids into the Splash Academy and go to SDP dinner on their own. 

I think in this scenario we have two Dads, but the general idea still applies.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I think in this scenario we have two Dads, but the general idea still applies.

Two dads and two boys who will want to eat at Teppanyaki. Thanks for the confirmation Bird! Sadly, not sure if the kids club will be available for 4.