Port Canaveral Excursions

jcathers1

We are considering a Mereviglia cruise that has a port can in Port Canaveral. For those that have done this before, are there Disney (or other theme park) excursions that MSC (or others) offer? The time in port is 1:00pm-9:00pm, so I'm not even sure that would work, but looking to hear some past experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jcathers1

I have never done an excursion to Disney, though I have visited on other occasions. Conventional wisdom is that it not worth the time.  An hour by bus each way.  After you are inside the park, unless you are content to just walk around and take pictures, you will spend the majority of your time waiting in line for whatever attraction you want to do.  EM

Realistically, I would expect the excursions to be Beach and Kennedy Space Center.  When you figure any excursion to Orlando would have to leave closer to 2 anyway just to allow for passengers getting off.  With an hour drive it means 3pm before arriving in Orlando for the activity which doesn’t allow for much activity time.  As a timing reference leaving after a cruise from Canaveral, I debarked from the ship a little after 8:30am and was able to depart Orlando airport with a rental car at 10am using the go port shuttle (I had a late flight and MSC cancelled the post cruise excursion to KSC)

Kennedy Space is a 5 star must see. It's close to the port and you will have plenty of time to check it out. You can Uber there quite easily. don't need the cruise ship to set up your visit. I would add the KSC Explore Tour and see the Saturn 5 rocket and many other displays. Just check to hours of operation to be sure you have enough time to see it. https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/info/hours-of-operation

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greenhopster said:

Kennedy Space is a 5 star must see. It's close to the port and you will have plenty of time to check it out. You can Uber there quite easily. don't need the cruise ship to set up your visit. I would add the KSC Explore Tour and see the Saturn 5 rocket and many other displays. Just check to hours of operation to be sure you have enough time to see it. https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/info/hours-of-operation

Agree 100% on it being essential, though with the pricing to visit based on how they priced it with the ride to the airport it might be worth buying from MSC.