Internet Packages - What options and associated costs does Disney offer on their cruise ships?

Ken the cruiser

We're booked on a 4-day cruise on the Wish for this coming February and were researching internet package options and the below FAQ is all we could find regarding them. I tried to do a CC search and didn't come up with anything definitive. Anyone by chance know the specifics of what we're going to find out onboard, to include pricing, when we "refer to the information provided in your stateroom or visit the Guest Services Desk"?

• Wireless Internet Access

Connect@Sea offers Internet packages based on your online needs. Instead of paying by the minute, you pay for the data you use. So, for instance, streaming movies will consume a lot more megabytes (data) than reading email. Using the onboard WiFi, connect anywhere on the ship and chat, post pictures on social media or simply stay connected while at sea.

You can share a single Connect@Sea package. Simply login to your account on any device that you want to use to access the Internet. Multiple devices can use the same package simultaneously. The combined usage is tracked on one meter, which can be monitored via the browser window.

For the most up-to-date rates, refer to the information provided in your stateroom or visit the Guest Services Desk.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Anyone by chance know the specifics of what we're going to find out onboard, to include pricing, when we "refer to the information provided in your stateroom or visit the Guest Services Desk"?

Lots of info here:

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2014/04/connectsea-internet-data-plans-review/

• Thanks 1

We were just on Wish and the offers were based on speed ( low-could post on social media , moderate- check email, and stream, with 3 different daily prices) and number of devices- there was no option for amounts of data.  We spent ~$40 for one device

moderate speed for the 2 full days of the 3 day cruise.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

We were just on Wish and the offers were based on speed ( low-could post on social media , moderate- check email, and stream, with 3 different daily prices) and number of devices- there was no option for amounts of data.  We spent ~$40 for one device

If I might ask, was the moderate speed option Unlimited or were there limitations?

1 hour ago, cruisinsusin said:

One more question if I may. I like to check out Cruise Critic posts periodically while my DW likes to visit some of her favorite websites while we’re on a cruise. Did you experience any issues accessing multilayered websites with your “moderate” internet service like Cruise Critic?

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

One more question if I may. I like to check out Cruise Critic posts periodically while my DW likes to visit some of her favorite websites while we’re on a cruise. Did you experience any issues accessing multilayered websites with your “moderate” internet service like Cruise Critic?

I was able to check cruise critic and a few other travel sites I follow (as an aside, if you are traveling with younger kids- we were with our 6 year old grandson- there is not a lot of free/unscheduled time in the Disney daily schedule  so I didnt have as much time to check as I do on a non- Disney cruise😉).

5 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

I was able to check cruise critic and a few other travel sites I follow (as an aside, if you are traveling with younger kids- we were with our 6 year old grandson- there is not a lot of free/unscheduled time in the Disney daily schedule  so I didnt have as much time to check as I do on a non- Disney cruise😉).

Thanks! This past year when we were on various Celebrity cruises, we had to upgrade to their premium package otherwise I couldn’t even get CC to open up, same with some of the more complicated sites my DW visits. So, you being able to check CC gives us hope the Moderate service will work just fine. Thanks again! 😁

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! This past year when we were on various Celebrity cruises, we had to upgrade to their premium package otherwise I couldn’t even get CC to open up, same with some of the more complicated sites my DW visits. So, you being able to check CC gives us hope the Moderate service will work just fine. Thanks again! 😁

we had the same issues on Celebrity this year- only premium would work for anything more complex than email.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Question about reliability of Wi-Fi. I’m going on the wish in March down in the Bahamas .  A couple of work things came up and I will need to be able to join a few zoom calls and complete some work while on board. How reliable has everyone found the internet to be while at sea?

44 minutes ago, Ecrouse81 said:

Question about reliability of Wi-Fi. I’m going on the wish in March down in the Bahamas .  A couple of work things came up and I will need to be able to join a few zoom calls and complete some work while on board. How reliable has everyone found the internet to be while at sea?

We were able to use email and text and view most websites but did not try zoom. No streaming with what we purchased. We did not pay for the highest speed/data of internet however

• 2 weeks later...

If you are on a 7 day cruise, is it possible to sign up for day 3 and then again day 5? 

(I don't need to get on every day but would like to check my email every 2 or 3 days).

Or is it necessary to sign up for entire trip?