Ncl refund

dcruiser50

27 minutes ago, dcruiser50 said:

I canceled my March 23 Prima cruise 150 days out and received confirmation.  Does anyone know how long ot takes to get the deposit refund and have the cruise next credit put back in your account 

I've generally received my credit card refund in 10 days or less after cancellation, but that can vary based on the bank that issued your credit card.

Can't answer the part about a Cruise Next credit having not cancelled when using one of them.

2 hours ago, dcruiser50 said:

I canceled my March 23 Prima cruise 150 days out and received confirmation.  Does anyone know how long ot takes to get the deposit refund and have the cruise next credit put back in your account 

In case it takes a long time (purchases tend to post remarkably fast 😉 ) for the credit to post, you could probably contact the charge card vendor, explain the refund situation, pointing out the charges that are being refunded, and ask for a temporary credit while the refund is pending.  
That way, there'd no need to pay interest on some amount-being-refunded, or even just not having access to that money promptly.

GC

3 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

In case it takes a long time (purchases tend to post remarkably fast 😉 ) for the credit to post, you could probably contact the charge card vendor, explain the refund situation, pointing out the charges that are being refunded, and ask for a temporary credit while the refund is pending.  
That way, there'd no need to pay interest on some amount-being-refunded, or even just not having access to that money promptly.

GC

BoA refunds any int6erest applied to reversed charges.  No need to go through all that.

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

BoA refunds any int6erest applied to reversed charges.  No need to go through all that.

That's good, about the interest refund, and not surprising.

But a lot of people express concern (here on CC and elsewhere) about not having access to what to them might be a large sum if the refund is much delayed.  That might be especially the case if they want to apply that money soon, to a different trip, or even something altogether different.

In the "old days", I could (sort of) understand why processing credits might take longer than processing charges, which can be amost instantaneous, and even in the "good old days", didn't take long.  However, now, it's difficult to understand any lengthy delay measured in "billing cycles"...

This delay isn't a problem for us these days, but in years past, much earlier in our lives/careers, it sure might have been, so I do understand... especially if it's a relatively large sum.

(Also, the days of using the "float" [non-cruise/boating definition! 😉 ] may be here again as interest rates continue to rise, too.  That was really a "thing" back in the early 1980s.)

GC

Slightly different situation for us, as we canceled within the final payment deadline. We canceled a cruise in August, about ten days before sailing. Still haven't received our 90% FCC that we're due. I figure we'll receive it some time in the next five years.