Yacht Club parties or events?

Elsammo46

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

I'm curious if that is like the party they do on cruises in the US:  YC reception with captain's greeting, a few words from the CD, and then many words (!!!) from the Future Cruises representative!

I think the future cruise rep was there but can't remember her speaking. She did however do a presentation at the diamond party.

• Thanks 1

On Meraviglia 4/22 we had a great reception second day with captain visiting each table, passed drinks, snacks, etc. 10:45 A.M. The YC director, Craig, hosted a trivia on second to last sea day in afternoon that was great fun. There was a special high tea one of the last days in TSL as well. Really enjoyed these events. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, PennyHofstader said:

How do you hear about these events? Daily schedule? Paper invitation left in your suite? Signs?

Usually an invite night before. YC director promoted his trivia personally around the pool deck. There were also a couple signs around regarding the trivia. Might be in the program for more formal ones like the tea. Your butler is also a good source of the “scoop”. 

Edited by sbcs5390
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 2:47 PM, Hlitner said:

Based on our recent (last week) Seashore cruise the dress code is almost non-existent.    Even in the evening you will see some folks wearing shorts and flip flops.   Nobody was dressed like a slob, but "smart casual" seems to have little meaning for some folks.  On the one formal night many folks did dress a little better (at least half the men actually had a jacket) but we only noticed a couple of folks who bothered to "dress up" to anything approaching formal.

Hank

I haven’t worn a jacket on a cruise in years. Slacks and a polo, and I’m all set. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

I haven’t worn a jacket on a cruise in years. Slacks and a polo, and I’m all set. 

That’s what my husband wears as well. We were just talking about the way we used to dress up when we cruised back in the day. He said he never minded having to wear a suit, and would if he had to. Not having to bring a garment bag is a win though. Even most of my dresses can just be rolled when I pack them.

• Like 1