Hangers

ruready

We will be on a 2-week cruise next month and we plan to bring all the clothes we will need (ie we do not plan to wash any clothes on the cruise).  I prefer to hang clothes as it is easier for me to see what I have.  Normally there is barely enough hangers even for a 7-day cruise (yes, I like to have options, lol).  

If requested, does Carnival provide extra hangers?  

You can ask for extra hangers but I've always found them to be too thick and bulky.

I now pack/hang everything on skinny travel hangers and fold them into a dry cleaning bag and into the suitcase.

Take out of the suitcase and hang up in the closet and arrange by outfit.  No wrinkles and no jumble of those bulky wooden hangers.

Easier and neater!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, sgttami said:

You can ask for extra hangers but I've always found them to be too thick and bulky.

I now pack/hang everything on skinny travel hangers and fold them into a dry cleaning bag and into the suitcase.

Take out of the suitcase and hang up in the closet and arrange by outfit.  No wrinkles and no jumble of those bulky wooden hangers.

Easier and neater!

This is almost exactly what I was going to say.  The cruise ship hangers are bulky and, I think, probably filthy from so much use by so many people, with not necessarily always clean clothes hung on them.  I realize this cleanliness hangup (no pun intended) of mine is not an issue for everyone, but it is one more reason why I bring my own hangers. 

I bring retail hangers (the kind included from some stores when I buy clothing).  Cheap, plastic, sanitizable, and disposable if I forget to take them home or don't want to bother to do so.  My clothing, like yours, is already on the hangers, folded over carefully with tissue paper layers to prevent wrinkling inside my luggage.  Like you, I just pull them out and hang them up in the closet in my cabin upon unpacking.  I remove the cruise ship hangers and dole them out to my other family members as needed and ask the Steward to take away those that are not used.  More closet space for me that way.

• Like 1