The Dining Club ?

Does anyone have any comments on The Dining Club. We`re on Explorer May 2023 and would just like to know if it`s worth a visit. I know it`s all a matter of opinion but even a comparison to Kora La and Surf and Turf as we`ve been to those would be of help....is it on a par or better ?

Thanks.

Sorry to highjack your thread but it is on topic 😉

We are booked for the end of February 2023 and were also wondering about the Dining Club.   @pennib you mention that you had a degustation menu - is that the one with the wine pairing or something different?  Also is the wine pairing one always on the sea day?

We have booked the S&T and Kora La already but the Dining Club is not showing yet.  Perhaps that can only be booked onboard. 

Recently back from a week on Explorer.  We ate in the Dining Club twice - it was really good and well worth the extra money.  Beautifully presented food,  a more imaginative menu and really attentive service.  The tasting menu with wine pairings was on the 'dress to impress' night, which happened to be the sea day.  

Would definitely recommend.

Yes, it will be the food and wine pairing one. Thinking about it, a degustation is more adventurous!! Can’t remember if it was a sea day. The second week was a different menu. I think we had to book on board and not from home. Anyway you won’t be disappointed.

We went and enjoyed the food and the service was excellent as was the knowledge of the servers. 

My problem was the starter I chose was very rich and creamy something I cant cope with but that was my fault for choosing it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm booked on the May4th Adriatic Affairs cruise. Fully paid up and I've been watching my cruise control panel to try and book speciality dining, however despite it telling me there are 2 speciality restaurants available to book when I try and book it tells me there is no availalbity and has been telling me that for the last two months! It also only shows Surf and Turf apart from the first night when Kora La also appears. Is anyone else having this issue or is this normal? I've never sailed with Marella before so finding this somewhat frustrating.

I think we booked all our speciality dinners when we got on board. They have a couple of machines near reception that you can use to book restaurants and you get a receipt for your booking which saves you fiddling about with the navigate app. They seem to work on weekly chunks as I think most people are on weekly cruises but we do the back to backs so you just have to remember to book the nights you want towards the end of your first week on the ship. We have never been knocked back from a dining booking. The dining club we think is excellent and better than the epicurean on P& O Britannia. Also do not overlook the Vista restaurant which operates in the MDR in the evenings. You can’t book but you just turn up. We think it is great and my OH is not really a lover of Italian food!! We are on Explorer again in November and are really looking forward to it. The only evening venue we didn’t rate was the Sushi bar and also we were not keen on the pasta restaurant in the Mediterranean lounge in the evening. The tapas restaurant in the lounge is really good however.

I would like to book and pay for the specialty restaurants in advance. Himself is a pain in the rearend complaining about the additional cost. I love the atmosphere and willingly pay the extra. We haven't done the Dining Club and will try it next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Joining Explorer 2 on 26/2 for two weeks as replacement for Discovery 2 cruise that was cancelled 31/1.We were originally booked months ago for Surf+Turf and Kora La (4times)but could not rebook online on Explorer due to no availability.I am very interested in visiting Dining Club,so can you book on board and what is the cost? Also will I be able to book S+T and Kora La onboard as really disappointed that unable to make a reservation due to change of cruise.