Discovery service in the DR

sunsetme

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

Just a paean here no club status. Can anyone suggest a table with a great wait staff? We will have dinner around 6:45, thanks.

Most staff are excellent, but I don't know if you can get the same people every night.  If you figure it out, please let us know.

In the regular dining room area,not club class,folks had the same table each night with the same wait staff

This was on the Grand

You can make a res for the time you want to eat on the app

When you arrive just tell the team that you want that same wait stafeecwhen you come each day

• Like 2

With 3 different dining rooms, I prefer to vary things on the Discovery and try to find a dining room and time that works best for me. Being flexible also allows you do dine when you want, the entire point of Princess dining, especially in Mexico where you might want to be outside enjoying a great sunset in Cabo, going to a late production show to get a seat, or my biggest problem, not feeling like dinner because I had a full Alfredo's/Gigi's pizza after returning from a port. I also find that sometimes there's something in the buffet I might want to try, and like the flexibility to either do a light grazing in the buffet early or late. I also find I get the best service simply by avoiding peak times, and it's easier to get a nice table without a lot of people around me. 

We're new to Princess but are used to flexible dining. I made reservations for each night in the same dining room in the hopes that I can get the same staff if I like them. That's the way it's always worked out for us on Celebrity and Royal. And if anyone wonders why we don't do "fixed time" dining, it's because it's either too early or too late for us, plus I do like having the flexibility to change things up and not go to the MDR if we're too tired to dress up so we just hit the buffet.