Visa requirement for India

ak1004

Hello everyone,

We are taking a cruise that ends in Mumbai on Dec.20. Our TA advised us that India does not require a visa when transiting, but this seems incorrect. We are a group of 6 couples. Some of us have foreign passports in addition to Canadian passports, so we can apply for e-visa, but one couple has Canadian passports only. India consulate website lists processing times of at least 30 days.

Any advise what they can do?

It's impossible to reach them.

And now we are getting some contradictory information that even if you have a foreign passport, you have to apply for paper visa with the Canadian passport and cannot get e-visa using the foreign passport.

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

It's impossible to reach them.

If you're located in the GTA, BLS International Services Canada does visa processing for India -- they're a private business, but are the official agents for India as far as I'm aware. When I got an India visa a few years ago, I used them. They're still around.   You might want to drive over and talk to them in person if you're getting nowhere by phone.  The office I went to is at Vic Park and Lawrence --- 1448 Lawrence Ave E Unit 6A.   They have a few other locations in the GTA as well. 

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The third link is a third party link, not the official Indian website. The information is not updated. Currently Canadians are not eligible for e-visa, only regular visa.

50 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

If you're located in the GTA, BLS International Services Canada does visa processing for India -- they're a private business, but are the official agents for India as far as I'm aware. When I got an India visa a few years ago, I used them. They're still around.   You might want to drive over and talk to them in person if you're getting nowhere by phone.  The office I went to is at Vic Park and Lawrence --- 1448 Lawrence Ave E Unit 6A.   They have a few other locations in the GTA as well. 

Yes, but BLS are responsible for regular visa, not e-visa. Their processing time is at least 30 days and the cost is significantly higher. We prefer to do e-visa if possible using our other passport, just trying to understand if it's possible or we still need to apply for a regular visa. 

14 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Yes, but BLS are responsible for regular visa, not e-visa. Their processing time is at least 30 days and the cost is significantly higher. We prefer to do e-visa if possible using our other passport, just trying to understand if it's possible or we still need to apply for a regular visa. 

My point is that they might be able to advise you -- I wasn't telling you to apply for a visa there. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

The third link is a third party link, not the official Indian website. The information is not updated. Currently Canadians are not eligible for e-visa, only regular visa.

Yes but as the poster above  stated   they may be able to advise you

If not you may have to just go to the Consulate  in your area

• Like 1