Trip Report-(Not Live) Regal Princess: Athens To Barcelona-"Our Totally Ruins Cruise"

JimmyVWine

5 minutes ago, kamelia said:

As someone who enjoys Belle Glos pinot noirs, I'm curious to know if that was within your Plus package limit or if there was an upcharge, please and thank you!

It was beyond the price of the Plus package. $16?  We banked OBC to pay for our wine overcharges knowing that it was unlikely that we would ever order a wine within that limit. We viewed Plus as simply a $12 head start toward our ultimate wine destination. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

It was beyond the price of the Plus package. $16?  We banked OBC to pay for our wine overcharges knowing that it was unlikely that we would ever order a wine within that limit. We viewed Plus as simply a $12 head start toward our ultimate wine destination. 

Thank you for your quick response!  We're in a similar ship (pun intended) - booked Princess Plus because it was a better deal during Best Sale Ever promo and prior to Princess Premium roll-out, and we will also likely have enough OBC to cover the overcharge.  At least this gives me some insight as to what to expect with some of our other wine choices in the same price range.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wineforhealth said:

Thank you from a wonderful review of your trip.

And from me, too.  How did your daughter enjoy the experience?  That might be a rhetorical question because she no doubt had the time of her life.  

55 minutes ago, Kay S said:

And from me, too.  How did your daughter enjoy the experience?  That might be a rhetorical question because she no doubt had the time of her life.  

Loved it. We are so lucky that she still enjoys hanging out with her parents and shares our love of food, wine and travel. And this itinerary was so perfect for her. 

• Like 2

Thank you for your thoroughly entertaining review and wonderful photos. I have previously cruised to all of your ports and also on Regal Princess and enjoyed reading about your experiences. It is always enjoyable to see what others do in ports and also to get ideas for future visits. Thanks again and I look forward to reading your review of your UK cruise.

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to add my thanks as well for a great trip report.

I know you might not want to say too much, but what plans does your daughter have for the future ? I really enjoyed how she took you under her wing !

Given her qualifications and experience, the world is hers !

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Yes,  thank you so much!  Wow!

Based on another current thread.  Can anyone here who is on, or has been on the Regal tell us how they thought the beds were? 

We were on Regal in May, and slept really well - although 4 hours in Vines helped !

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

what plans does your daughter have for the future ?

Right now she is just loving the European lifestyle. While her friends dream about someday being able to afford to live in a vibrant city like Boston or San Francisco or Chicago, she already has a lot of that and can afford to pay her own way. And being an avid traveler, she loves being able to utilize low cost European airlines and AirBnB to see way more than most people her age. We’re not sure what the long term plan is but right now she is happy and still enjoys our company. So I can’t ask for anything more. 

1 hour ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Can anyone here who is on, or has been on the Regal tell us how they thought the beds were? 

Our bed was great. But mattresses are constantly being swapped out so saying that my cabin’s bed on Caribe was great is no promise that someone else’s in Riviera will be great. 

7 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Right now she is just loving the European lifestyle. While her friends dream about someday being able to afford to live in a vibrant city like Boston or San Francisco or Chicago, she already has a lot of that and can afford to pay her own way. And being an avid traveler, she loves being able to utilize low cost European airlines and AirBnB to see way more than most people her age. We’re not sure what the long term plan is but right now she is happy and still enjoys our company. So I can’t ask for anything more. 

Our bed was great. But mattresses are constantly being swapped out so saying that my cabin’s bed on Caribe was great is no promise that someone else’s in Riviera will be great. 

Thanks for the reply.