SCHEDULED BOARDING TIMES

difranco

Can anyone confirm if the 30 minute boarding window offered when checking in online is rigid or are we back to the pre covid check in procedures where you can board for lunch.

The only times left for the “Wellness Check” are 1500 onwards. As there is no requirement for pier side testing and most other information is obtained online, I’m at a loss as to why the check in times are back on the menu. My transfer to Monaco is booked for 5th November and it’s timed for a midday arrival. Any information is welcome or it will be give it a try at 1200hrs or drop bags off then lunch in the port (at my expense). 

1 minute ago, difranco said:

Can anyone confirm if the 30 minute boarding window offered when checking in online is rigid or are we back to the pre covid check in procedures where you can board for lunch.

The only times left for the “Wellness Check” are 1500 onwards. As there is no requirement for pier side testing and most other information is obtained online, I’m at a loss as to why the check in times are back on the menu. My transfer to Monaco is booked for 5th November and it’s timed for a midday arrival. Any information is welcome or it will be give it a try at 1200hrs or drop bags off then lunch in the port (at my expense). 

On our recent cruise with Azamara the new boarding protocols were much, much, much better than the old system. In the past we have been obliged (even for the Suite check-in) to queue for over an hour in sweltering heat. The latest check-in took less than 10 minutes, plus the 10-minute onboard safety briefing.

• Like 1

The later scheduled boarding times work much better in my experience too. 
I am arranging transfers to align to the slot I get. Makes a much nicer experience than hanging around 

• Like 4

I was on Journey and Quest very recently. We were on the ship by 2.30pm. Our window was 2-2.30. I agree with uktog. I found the whole thing less stressful than the rush to get on the ship. The morning of the cruise was more chilled. There was food available when we got on. The covid way of doing the muster drill individually or in smaller groups as we boarded was way better than having to go en mass later on. This way from now on please. 

Phil 

• Like 7