No more full bottle liquor sales

crewsweeper

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

So trouble makers will now start ordering wine or beer just to spite Carnival?  or will they move on?

Good point, beer drinkers are usually the the most vocal when it comes to cheers since some folks drink regular or even light beers and it's easy to crush 15 in a whole day/night, especially just sitting on your arse and relaxing and basically doing nothing. Wine is acquired, you like it or you don't and most won't switch to that "just because". I just don't see this being a big issue.    

29 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Good point, beer drinkers are usually the the most vocal when it comes to cheers since some folks drink regular or even light beers and it's easy to crush 15 in a whole day/night, especially just sitting on your arse and relaxing and basically doing nothing. Wine is acquired, you like it or you don't and most won't switch to that "just because". I just don't see this being a big issue.    

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

My confusion is how they think still allowing wine and beer to preordered will slow or stop the problem of the few. I guess they have never seen someone drunk on wine or beer.

2 regular bottles of wine or 8 beers (tops) is all you can preorder for the week, I dont think most people in a cabin will be falling down drunk during that week from that amount compared to hard liquor.   Even if you include the 2 bottles of wine a couple can bring on board with them and the preorder.  That being said, if someone brings wine and preorders wine plus gets cheers...then maybe a possible problem...

Exactly!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 7:54 PM, BlerkOne said:

There certainly are links between "420" and behavior modification including paranoia and aggression. Probably not as much as alcohol, but also not as well studied.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:56 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

A summa cum laude student of reefer madness no doubt. 🙄 

Better watch out for that jazz music! Quick! Protect your daughters! 

You are making me agree with Blerk. Big Weed is developing stronger strains with labs, unlimited funding under Ph.D. research chemists, far different than dropping some seeds from a "good baggie" into some dirt.  Marijuana has always been and remains classified as a mind-altering, psychoactive drug. 

Research that appeared in The Lancet Psychiatry has found that people who smoke cannabis regularly, or those who smoke it with a high THC potency, are more at risk for first psychotic episodes. In one large-scale study, subjects who used high-potency cannabis daily were almost five times more likely to experience an episode of psychosis.  Marijuana use can intensify the experience of psychotic symptoms for those who have schizophrenia. 

There has been few studies as yet of how marijuana and all its derivatives interacts with prescription medications including the cruiser's seasickness meds.  A rare side effect of Scopolamine is hallucinations, add THC to that and the side effect isn't so rare.   

On 10/28/2022 at 6:25 AM, bugsy7 said:

I am confident this IS about profit. They are not closing the bars early, and they have just raised the price off drinks and drink packages.

They also didn’t take away the pre order for beer? Beer is the one alcohol item that isn’t necessarily better to get the drink package. And  You can buy buckets cheaper on board than pre ordering? I can’t remember the exact price.  But they are 16 oz beers so 4 is equal to 6 drinks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

Exactly!

Read what I wrote above. They actually make more money from pre orders of beer vs buckets onboard. It will be interesting if they get rid of the vineyard package? I know that isn’t advertised much but probably worth it to people who only drink wine? This change is definitely directed at the $10-15 mixed drinks? 

• Like 2