NCL Changes Itinerary on French Polynesian Cruises Aboard the Spirit

Traveling Fools

For those of you who have booked this cruise aboard SPIRIT, NCL has been changing the itinerary to meet environmental requirements imposed by the Island of Moorea.  At least one cruise has cancel the entire 2-day stop at Moorea and others have reduced it to a 1-day stop without really specifying how the remaining day will be spent.  Just a heads up for those who don't follow the Spirit's roll call pages.  

For those of you who have booked this cruise aboard SPIRIT, NCL has been changing the itinerary to meet environmental requirements imposed by the Island of Moorea.  At least one cruise has cancel the entire 2-day stop at Moorea and others have reduced it to a 1-day stop without really specifying how the remaining day will be spent. 

Following is the revised itinerary (Received Tue, Oct 25, 8:52 PM) :

Revised

Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Mon the 7th PAPEETE, FRENCH POLYNESIA   11:59 pm (Changed to 0300, Tuesday the 8th)  
Tue the 8th PAPEETE, FRENCH POLYNESIA  Overnight 3:00 am (WAS 2359 the 7th; NOW is 0300 the 8th)  
Tue the 8th HUAHINE, FRENCH POLYNESIA 10:00 am (WAS 0800) 6:00 pm (NO CHANGE)  
Wed the 9th RAIATEA, FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 am (NO CHANGE) 6:00 pm (NO CHANGE)  
Thu the 10th BORA BORA, FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 am (NO CHANGE) 11:59 pm (NO CHANGE-Unless they leave overnight)  
Fri the 11th BORA BORA, FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 am (NO CHANGE) 8:00 pm (NO CHANGE)  
Sat the 12th MOOREA, FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 am (NO CHANGE) 8:00 pm (NO Overnight or 2nd Day in Moorea)  
Sun the 13th PAPEETE. FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 pm (Was Moorea) Overnight  
Mon the 14th PAPEETE, FRENCH POLYNESIA 12:00 am

The message goes on to read:

SHORE EXCURSION NOTICE
Shore excursions booked through NCL for Huahine, French Polynesia will be automatically adjusted to coincide with new times in port; no further action is required. Shore excursions booked through NCL for Moorea, French Polynesia on Sunday, November 13, 2022, will be automatically canceled and refunded to your onboard account; no further action is required. If you are interested in booking new excursions for your upcoming vacation, please login to your MyNCL account or contact us directly at (866) 625-1167. Guests residing outside of the U.S. or Canada should visit www.ncl.com for local contact information.

This note from snorkeljill:

2 hours ago (about 1100 10/26/2022), snorkeljill said:

I just spoke to NCL (with respect to my same itinerary change the week of October 31), and they say the 8pm arrival in Papeete on Sunday is not a typo.  Looks like it is a day at sea between Moorea and Papeete, even though it is only a short ferry ride between Moorea and Papeete!!

Edited by Traveling Fools

As much as I love the Spirit, TBH for that trip I'd just book Paul Gauguin.  NCL is charging a high price for those trips.  On PG there are less than 400 people, it is all inclusive including tips and air and drinks.

They know the area and include two private islands.

No hassle with cancelled ports.

9 hours ago, romalley99 said:

I'm on Spirit 10/31, 11/7 and 11/14 sailings. All three have gotten changed -- I'm not really disappointed. I'm sure it is a bummer, for some, though.  

I'm on 11/14 sailing.  We lost the overnight in Kauai, but picked up another visit to Hilo, I believe.  I have not seen a change to the Tahiti itineraries, at least as of yet.....I said earlier, for me, the whole point of the cruise is Tahiti as there are numerous other Hawaii cruises available throughout the year.

10 hours ago, jbcallender said:

I'm on 11/14 sailing.  We lost the overnight in Kauai, but picked up another visit to Hilo, I believe.  I have not seen a change to the Tahiti itineraries, at least as of yet.....I said earlier, for me, the whole point of the cruise is Tahiti as there are numerous other Hawaii cruises available throughout the year.

Yes, there were two changes to the two before the 11/14 sailing. We lost a day in Moorea (was an overnight), and some time in Bora Bora. Still two days, just not overnight... from my understanding of the email.