Acceptable Covid RAT in Australia

Gary72

We will be boarding Coral Princess on November 10 in Brisbane.  We know we must have RAT 24 hours before boarding.  The official Australia list does not include any available in the US.  Will US RAT's be acceptable???

2 hours ago, Gary72 said:

We will be boarding Coral Princess on November 10 in Brisbane.  We know we must have RAT 24 hours before boarding.  The official Australia list does not include any available in the US.  Will US RAT's be acceptable???

I'm not sure about the US ones but to be safe I would just get a RAT test from any pharmacy or supermarket when you get here. I assume you are flying in at least a day before your cruise so you'll have plenty of time. They are available everywhere and not expensive. As you know, you have to take a photo of the test and upload it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gary72 said:

There is a health tool on the Princess website under the health protocols. 

I would use this to double check.

https://www.princess.com/protocol/

• Like 1

At present, as stated in the link provided above, a passenger must self attest  ( and   upload proof along with ID ) to a negative  RAT test within 24 hours of boarding or a PCR test within 48 hours. A RAT test IS required.   May be subject to change in future but this is required now.  

Robncruise is correct. We embarked on Coral Princess 4 weeks ago in Sydney. We did our own rats test within 24 hrs. Took a photo of the negative result with our names printed alongside on a piece of paper. The photo will have the date and time. This was then uploaded onto the medallion app under the health section. We were also asked by cruise officials when ‘checking in’ if we had completed the test but didn’t have to show proof.