Price change advice please

I think I know the answer to this, but thought I'd double check with some experts before I go ahead with a new booking.

I went all the way through the booking process until the credit card info stage - the page crashed so I went back through again. I was using my phone and it just wasn't completing the payment, so I logged into my laptop to try again. Well, now the price has increased by over £400 each - which I think is a bit odd. 

I tried to call the helpline, but as I'm in the UK the helpline is now closed. So I could wait until tomorrow or book a different date, a week later with a similar price but still more expensive than the original price. 

I took screen shots of what I was trying to book. It is just a case of me being unlucky and the good price is now gone, or is there a chance there's been a glitch in their booking system and someone tomorrow could help me? 

As I say, I think I know the answer and have probably missed out. Any experiences?

Many thanks

Double check to make sure you are logged in on the desktop.  My price is higher when I'm not logged in. 

Edited: Never Mind I see where you said you logged in. 😞

Edited by smwg

1 minute ago, jjsparkles said:

I think I know the answer to this, but thought I'd double check with some experts before I go ahead with a new booking.

I went all the way through the booking process until the credit card info stage - the page crashed so I went back through again. I was using my phone and it just wasn't completing the payment, so I logged into my laptop to try again. Well, now the price has increased by over £400 each - which I think is a bit odd. 

I tried to call the helpline, but as I'm in the UK the helpline is now closed. So I could wait until tomorrow or book a different date, a week later with a similar price but still more expensive than the original price. 

I took screen shots of what I was trying to book. It is just a case of me being unlucky and the good price is now gone, or is there a chance there's been a glitch in their booking system and someone tomorrow could help me? 

As I say, I think I know the answer and have probably missed out. Any experiences?

Many thanks

Call, your saving grace may be the screenshot. A similar thing happened to us many years ago. We did a online booking on a Sunday night that was not completed, the following day the sale was over and prices jumped. We called the C&A number and they repriced because we had a screenshot of our cabin price. good luck and happy cruising.  As a side note, I sat in the Diamond lounge for a few hours and talked to a guy from Scotland, could barely understand a word he said. I asked him if I had a hard to understand accent, he said he could hardly understand a bloody word. Happy cruising. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, smwg said:

Double check to make sure you are logged in on the desktop.  My price is higher when I'm not logged in.

Thanks, yes I've checked and I'm logged in.

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

Call, your saving grace may be the screenshot. A similar thing happened to us many years ago. We did a online booking on a Sunday night that was not completed, the following day the sale was over and prices jumped. We called the C&A number and they repriced because we had a screenshot of our cabin price. good luck and happy cruising.  As a side note, I sat in the Diamond lounge for a few hours and talked to a guy from Scotland, could barely understand a word he said. I asked him if I had a hard to understand accent, he said he could hardly understand a bloody word. Happy cruising. 

Thanks - trying to decide what to do. I've just found a similar price, difference of £100 with *****, a uk based agent. Reviews for them look favourable. I'm worried if I wait until tomorrow that Royal won't help and this other deal will be gone...

LOL re not being able to understand...so funny that when we all speak the same language 😂

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Very unlikely they will help you get the deal you saw, even with screen shots.

Yes, you’re right, they wouldn’t help, as I’d originally thought. 

I managed to get a similar deal the next sailing paying £100 more which was ok. And it turns out the itinerary is slightly different and includes a port we want to see, so it’s worked out ok 🙂

• Like 3