Ocean Blue on Bliss

Jetswdo

For those of you who have eaten at this sp restaurant:  At the risk of sounding, well "weird"-- here goes:  Does this restaurant have a super fishy smell?  The reason why I ask, is that I am super sensitive to really smelly fish restaurants-- ( Am fine at Red Lobster)  or regular restaurants that serve fish as well as meats.

A few years ago I was in Seattle and went to Pikes market, had to leave fairly quickly do to all the fish being sold around it.  Wasn't pleasant to say the least.

Any way,  I would like to use this restaurant as one of the specialty package, if it has a regular odor.  Thanks, Anita

• Like 1

Breakaway and Getaway wouldn’t work for you because they’re pretty smelly since Ocean Blue is flanked by the Raw Bar (raw seafood) and Wasabi (sushi, raw fish). Bliss is not like that since those open air raw seafood restaurants are not next to ocean blue. You will be fine on Bliss. 

• Like 1

The restaurant itself doesn’t smell fishy but you will smell fish from what the other diners around you are eating. I’m a vegetarian and the smell of fish makes me gag.  I love the roasted cauliflower dish (the one vegetarian entree at Ocean Blue) but have left this restaurant pretty quickly more than once.  

12 hours ago, Nursegina said:

Great food and never a smell from the cooking.  Our second favorite and a very close second in our books to La Bistro

Total agree.  I've been on OB on both Bliss and Joy.  No perceived smell and the service is second only to Le Bistro.  

Ok, reading all these responses, I will make a reservation in advance for O.Blue.  Once on board the ship, I will "sniff" around, pun intended around dinner time.  I think I will make the reservation for then end of cruise, just in case....

On another note-- has anyone ordered the full lobster there?   Usually when I am on a Norwegian cruise, I get the surf and turf at Cagneys.  Just wondering if the lobster is worth doing at O B.  Thanks in advance for all the responses to my inquiries.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

Ok, reading all these responses, I will make a reservation in advance for O.Blue.  Once on board the ship, I will "sniff" around, pun intended around dinner time.  I think I will make the reservation for then end of cruise, just in case....

On another note-- has anyone ordered the full lobster there?   Usually when I am on a Norwegian cruise, I get the surf and turf at Cagneys.  Just wondering if the lobster is worth doing at O B.  Thanks in advance for all the responses to my inquiries.

Had the whole lobster 3 years ago at OB and it was great.  However on Encore aug last year and Bliss this April the waiter said don't order the whole lobster.  It is tiny.  So I took their advice both times.