A quick booking question

Hi, We are looking at a MSC cruise and have never cruise this line before, but the itinerary matches our needs.  I think this has been asked an answered a lot on this board but we dont have time to sift through the answers and wanted to know if this line is more like carnival or RCL?  We are not big fans of carnival and prefer RCL and NCL but they dont have anything that meets our dates so we are considering MSC and dont know anything about this line.  We are looking at Seascape over the holidays.  

appreciate any info you can give.

Thanks

Edited by 20165

• 20165 changed the title to A quick booking question

I cruised Carnival & Royal Caribbean primarily prior to cruising MSC twice this year - Meraviglia & Divina. I found MSC to be better than Carnival and close to Royal Caribbean.

The food selections in the dining room, the number of free restaurants & specialty restaurants are less than on most newer Royal Caribbean ships, but I always found good options and thought the quality of the food was equivalent to or better than Royal Caribbean.  The buffet was good to excellent. 

The entertainment options will not be as many as an Oasis Class ship, but I thought most shows were enjoyable. They incorporated some acrobatic acts into the music / dance productions, had a comedian, magicians, a juggler and crew talent show on my most recent cruise. There were also several options for music around the ship each evening. 

The passenger mix will likely depend on the itinerary and length of the cruise. I just completed a 7 & 12 day back-to-back cruise on Divina that were totally different as far a passenger mix. The 7 day cruise was probably 75-80% U S passengers while the 12 day section was 75% international passengers. Both were enjoyable.

• Like 1