COVID testing requirements.

AviationInScale

Hello All, 

The "official" decree from MSC is " Unvaccinated guests are required to submit a negative test at embarkation.".

I've seen in several threads today that people embarking were not asked for any test results over the last week or two. Can any of you speak to this being true? (Karens retweeting the party line, please refrain.)

I just copied this, its under MSC health and safety on unitedcruisescruisehelp, it makes no sense

What testing information do I need to know for my upcoming cruise?

• Unvaccinated guests (between 2 and 11 years old) must show proof of a lab-administered negative COVID-19 viral test (NAAT or antigen) taken within 3 days of embarkation on all sailings from U.S. ports.

1 minute ago, 9876 said:

I sailed Seashore on 1 October and they asked for it.  I personally would not show up without the proper documentation but that is me.  I hope they change it soon.

1 minute ago, 9876 said:

Edited by 9876

We were looking for information ourselves for 2 year old for our upcoming caribbean cruise. The website contradicts what yours states.

• All guests over 5 years old who are unvaccinated or do not have proof of a vaccine certificate, must show proof of a lab-administered negative COVID-19 viral test (RT-PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of embarkation before boarding. Children under 5 years of age are not required to submit a negative test.

11 hours ago, asalligo said:

They have to be considering dropping this requirement as almost every cruise ship sailing from US ports has at this point. Hopefully we hear something soon. 

I’m kind of shocked that MSC is the last cruise line with testing requirements.  I thought Disney would be last.  I would think MSC would announce changes soon.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, habitatnal said:

I’m kind of shocked that MSC is the last cruise line with testing requirements.  I thought Disney would be last.  I would think MSC would announce changes soon.

MSC will not change until the Hamster has been replaced in the wheel! and not just the USA. Many Countries now require no health protocols, but MSC still insist on them.