I need peace

countryblossom

Hi all, can anyone recommend a cruise line that have nice quiet outdoor pool with sun deck. No music or bands or loud caribbean songs or dancing, somewhere that's available to all. 

I must be getting old but I would love to chill by the pool and read a book outside, sunbath and have a drink in peace. I don't want to pay extra for a suite or a day pass either.

Just off Summit and paid for the Retreat waste of money, quiet yes, but the service and facilities were not good at all.

Any help would be much appreciated. B

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 4:20 AM, countryblossom said:

Hi all, can anyone recommend a cruise line that have nice quiet outdoor pool with sun deck.

...Any help would be much appreciated. B

All of the Holland America ships have two pools: The main Lido pool, and the aft, smaller Seaview Pool. One side or back quarter of the Seaview deck is the smoking area, but if the ship is underway, the smoke will be carried away. 

I can't swear there is no music, though, as we are not pool users or sunbathers!

The Pinnacle Class ships (Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam) have a second 'layer' of lounge chairs above each of those pools! Called the Panorama Deck:

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/nieuw-statendam-panorama-deck/

It seems like that would be quieter? Will try to pay attention on our upcoming K'dam cruises!

If you would like to ask more specific questions (or the same question specifically about HAL!) -- here is the board for that:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/103-holland-america-line/