Carnival Foods You Love

Island Dog

2 hours ago, Drew B 58 said:

I don’t know that I’ve ever had crispier potatoes than the ones in the BI breakfast burritos!

Ohhhh,shame on YOU !! Now you've got me dreamin' of their egg burrito and I'll have to wait till our cruise in January before I can git one 😞

Mac

On 11/1/2022 at 1:02 AM, Oletruckdude said:

From Blue Iguana. It's not on the menu but they keep edible tortilla bowls behind the counter for taco salads. Instead of salad greens I have them load it up with Mexican rice, refried beans, queso cheese, and pork carnitas. Then from the salsa bar I add salsa and sour cream and lime. 

Delish!

On the Elation now. No more edible tortilla bowls. If you want a taco salad they put it in a cereal bowl. Server said they don't do the edible bowls anymore.

First cutback that really irks me. 😬

52 minutes ago, Oletruckdude said:

On the Elation now. No more edible tortilla bowls. If you want a taco salad they put it in a cereal bowl. Server said they don't do the edible bowls anymore.

Truth be told, and (IMPO) here, I bet they just didn't get enough request for it BECAUSE no one knew it was available. I know I didn't and have been on 20+ CCL cruises, until I read about it here last year. If it were placed as a regular breakfast (?)/ lunch item I'd bet it would go over BIG, but again, I guess that opinion is moot, sad to say. :((. But sounds delish to me.

Mac

5 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

Next thing you know, they'll take away the ice cream cones at the self-service machines and just go with the bowls...

Tom

Went on the Radiance last week. At embarkation lunch I'm in the buffet with my big plate ready for the Funfetti cheesecake and.....nothing. They didn't have it. The lady behind the cake counter didn't say why. I was heartbroken. Had it for the first time ever in Oct and couldn't wait to have it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off an 8 day on the Glory and the food was better than I remembered from the last times that I cruised, (2014). 

Some standouts....

The pig patty at guy's burger. This was really good and if they sold them at a place in my city I'd go there and order one right now. Everything was hot and fresh and consistent over the course of the entire cruise. Excellent lunch.

The french toast at the sea day brunch. Remarkable. Again, I would pay for this and be excited to eat it any time, any place. Wake up early, get down there, and don't miss it.

The BBQ joint in the red sail restaurant. Only open from 12 to 3. I tried the pork, the chicken and the brisket. The pork wins hands down. Don't forget the mac and cheese. Those carbs are critical for your recovery from a night of trying to max out your cheer's package.

In the MDR...

The bitter en blanc. Just call it bread pudding ok? It's bread pudding, it's simultaneously soggy and crispy, and you should order it. The brisket served on what I think was day 2 maybe...excellent. The shortribs...I was shocked. Came apart with just a pull of a fork and had a great texture. Would definitely eat them again. 

All the cold fruit soups. All the cheese plates. All the wine. 

10/10 would do it again.

7 hours ago, smears said:

The bitter en blanc. Just call it bread pudding ok? It's bread pudding, it's simultaneously soggy and crispy, and you should order it. T

This was the one thing on this thread I didn’t get to try. The night it was on the menu nothing appealed to me.  I wasn’t going to go sit down for a meal just to have dessert. My husband did offer to try to get it to go for me but I didn’t bother. 

i did try the confetti cheesecake on embarkation day. It was good. But I’m not really a sweets person. It was the only dessert I tried the whole cruise. 
D9BAE638-EE0E-4C04-B9F0-61766B6C96D5.thumb.jpeg.dfb80e52c730560fba7b5eae3113c1da.jpeg

I had the huervos rancheros for sea day brunch and was terribly disappointed. Not as good as the last time. 

I had whatever the breakfast tacos are at Blue Iguana and liked them. Wasn’t crazy about the burrito. 

The pizza was a favourite as always but I think my favourite thing this past cruise was the pork tacos at Blue Iguana. I remember liking them a lot of my cruise 8 years ago and for some reason didn’t have one on my March cruise. I rediscovered them this week. Soooo good. 

• Like 1

Oooh, love this thread!

Breakfast - MDR Avocado Toast with scrambled egg on top instead of poached, Sea Day 12 hour french toast or steak and eggs.

Lunch - Guy's burger with all the toppings, but no bun. Then I head to the salad bar and get a bowl of lettuce, throw the burger on top and BAM - burger salad. Some people give weird looks, some people see me and then do the same.

Dinner - all the fruit soups (it's melted ice cream, I know, I'm on a cruise, there are no rules!), all the salads, spaghetti carbonara, beef tenderloin, usually all of the Ports of Call apps/mains, penne mariscos, CMCC, buttered popcorn pot de creme, smores partfait, bitter and blanc, and anything at Cucina del Capitano

Now I'm hungry!

• Like 2